My full house gets beaten by an ace

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Lexie! Yes, you are right. Actually one of the things I like about poker is the twists and turns. Almost anything can happen and sometimes does. :)

I really dont like the twists and turns, it aways hurt my stack!

Bladepengeee

Bladepengeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes its true u lose with poker and not with full house when the turn shows then u needed to know that if he have higher card than 9 then he win its no bad beat :/

S

shus39wap

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Love this game

The twists and turns are what makes poker a great game. I come out on the short end sometimes, but keeps your brain active lol.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some beats are unusual and take a bit of time for the novice to understand. the first time my pocket pair was counterfeited by 2 higher pairs on the board I had no idea how I'd just lost.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all your comments and encouragement! :) Made me feel better! Yes opponent had Ace, 2

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you were just calling his bets he probably thought he had you beat. I'm not sure what his stack was compared to yours, but if it was much higher he could be justified in making the bet he did. He either wanted you off this hand or he thought he had you beat. That was some terrible luck on the river though for you.

M

M357

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how it happened but my full house was beat by three 10s in poker stars. Has this happened to anyone else.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I went out playing in the online tourney last night with this hand and I have to say I never even thought about this happening. I was going to post in the bad beats section (because I think it was a bad beat, but be interested to know if others agree) but anyway I did learn something so I'm posting here instead. I had pocket 9's and called a raise pre flop. Heads up. the flop came 5 5 and I think the other card was a 3. The other player bet I think it was about half the pot and having 2 pairs I called. Another 5 came down on the turn which gave me a full house. The other player went all in and I though ok if he has a higher pair he has me beat but I'm not folding so I called. He showed Ace 2 and I thought great he was bluffing I've won. Then unbelievably another 5 comes on the river making four 5's on the board and he beats my full house with a single Ace, because the Ace plays. I must say I thought for a moment it could at least be a split pot because we both had four 5's but apparently the Ace played. Oh well.

It's happened to me before, but not in real money poker. This was on FB poker. I had QQ vs. ace rags. The board had four 9s so the ace kicker played.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how it happened but my full house was beat by three 10s in poker stars. Has this happened to anyone else.
hi hi M357
please re-examine the hand ok? i sure it explainable thing like the villian achieve a straight, flush or higher full house, you see pokerstars determines winner with mathematics and software
it impossible the computer is wrong with winners
no worry you can be sure of that

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amanda, that's called bad luck! seems like your opponent was bluffing, but got very luck with te quad 5's on the table and Ace kicker! Keep playing, chances of getting 4 equal cards on the table again are 1 in a biljion.
Ive seen 3 hands like that in 2 hours and I won 1 of them was a spectator in the other 2 can you say forced:dancing2: