Frustration

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What should be done or what do you do when several days go by and you are not doing well at poker?

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had this problem before. But when I started working on my game, I began to notice that not only I had such problems, but others as well. Then I took it for granted, which is an integral part of this game.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a phase that comes and goes.
after every winter also comes the summer, so always stay positive:D

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, for me it is not part of the game unless you tell me that it has always been to lose suffering Badbeats, frustration is the product of losing patience, when you see that things do not go well you lose patience and this will make you make bad decisions , My advice is to first get rid of the superstition of the streaks, be they good or bad, take some time study, try to see what you did wrong in each hand you lost, if you have doubts about any, submit it to the analysis of the forum companions to so I can learn from their knowledge and then continue playing that is what for me you should do

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A break is the best and most optimal option in such cases. A break will help you avoid disappointments and save your money and nerves.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me frustration is part of your nature, if your nature is prone to frustration the nature of the game will provide that for you, this is a losing game, we lose all the time, we take bad beat all the time, what we have that learning is how to deal with it and get less and less frustrated. This is true, frustration affects our game.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a must for everyone. A good way to do something else and then come back after forgetting the bad moments.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That has happened to me very often, and it's called a bad streak, the best thing you should do is take a break, or play very low levels, or change the room, :D but the most effective thing is to rest and play some sport:joyman:

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it is part of it, the best way is to take a break, get busy with other things and then go back glglgl

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What should be done or what do you do when several days go by and you are not doing well at poker?

Hi DerlyGR.

Your question is very important. Because bad days are normal in poker. I suggest the book Mental Game of Poker.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
As mentioned above, those bad streaks are a normal part of the game. Nowadays, they are called "variance" and take it for granted, it is impossible to avoid it. You can only minimize its impact by following the advice already given. That is to get away from the tables whenever you start realizing that losing a big pot or getting sucked out on has impacted your game (getting in with cards you wouldn't play for exmp.) which means that your decisions have become emotionally driven. Go read about the game and study it as much as you can. That always makes you see things under different light. You can also rely on completely different activities, anything that would provide a new mental state.
Now when you go back, the same thing could happen again. Minimize the losses and get away again. You'll be surprised how things could turn in your favor unexpectedly and that's when you should stay and play your A game. Good luck man.....

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Walk away from the game and come back with a fresh head. Do some hand reviews and evaluate how you are playing. Play the hand from each perspective. How did you play the hand given the information you had at each point in the hand, and how did your opponent view the hand at each point as well. A lot of times when you you view yourself from your opponents view, you can find what you may have misplayed. But remember in each point to be brutally honest with yourself. No excuses.

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are not the only one who has bad days. Most players have bad days. I often have, but i am keep going to that special day when i am very lucky at the tables. This day is coming sooner and sooner.

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does happen to EVERYBODY, no exceptions. Just do like everyone said above: lay low, study the hands you consider to be the critical ones, post on hand analysis so we all can help, take a deep breath after a while, and come back recharged!

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's time to take a break when you are frustrated by losing because tilt will negatively impact your play.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm told this is called "Variance" Whatever u call it is incredibly frustrating. At times I just feel like quitting, well, for brief moments as I purely enjoy playing.

Just know that the wins will swing your way and just keep on keep on.

When your hot your hot and when your not .........................:fight:

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you don't start to make silly moves or play bad poker, there's nothing wrong with that, somebody has to loose, sometimes it's you.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do a lot of hand reviews and try to decide the spots that I am playing bad in. I try to determine why and I play through the problem. I often will also play a lot of training hands on simulator software Apps to get my confidence into a good place.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is much worse when you play perfectly, but you constantly lose! Of course take breaks and work on your game!