Freerolls strategy

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are played in different ways depending on the player, I usually almost always push or fold since most players go all-in at first to collect more chips and play more relaxed the next hands. I can recommend playing premium cards, high pairs or consecutive colored cards, but all this influences the number of players and the position you are in. A little study colleague and a lot, a lot of practice and patience. If you have a lot of bad beats it's only for one reason: you're playing very loose without analysis.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like raise or fold early when you have lots of blinds . Not sure about pushing early though when the stacks are deep ..... maybe once the antes kick in .

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On freerolls usually tight play is good, but remember you dont investing money, but you investing time, so be risky in first levels is good, especially on open freerolls

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Basically if you learn the abc (ranks, position and bet sizing) you will be able to get good results in freerolls.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either very tight early and loosen but I’m more towards frequency of play due to the type of players that literally play any 2 hands. If I lose to a worse hand then I accept it

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the beginning, most people don't take it very seriously, they only start to take it when they are close to the ITM!;)

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are a great way to improve your poker skills. If you lose, you have nothing to lose.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
When playing poker freerolls, it is worth pursuing an aggressive poker strategy. When participating in such tournaments, it would be wise to refrain from bluffing in poker and trying to catch your outs in poker for large sums.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the strategy in free tournaments is very simple, you wait for a strong hand you play because there you play all-in or press fold and if you have a strong hand, try to collect a lot from it at once because players play too easily there and can call with a weak hand and you will collect a lot of chips at once

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
At the brginning you should play conservative, since many People tend to big raise/all in. If you want to last you better avoid those situaciones. When the first big group of players is eliminated (I calculate it usually happens at the first 15-20 mins on turbo tourneys), you can increase your playable hands and start playing your regular game, but always taking carece on your position since some guys still mantain the aggresive early way to play and you dont want to fold many of your calls / raises.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I just divide the number of winners by the number of players in the tourney. It's usually possible to be in top 20 pct. If prizes are only in the top 10 pct, it's significantly tougher to money. Also, I find out the average time it takes for one to be itm in a freeroll to decide if it is worth the time.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What is the best strategy for freerolls?
It depends on the format of the freerolls. For example, in hyper freerolls, you can play with a large range because such tournaments are more of a lottery than poker. But in regular freerolls, such as our CardsChat freerolls, I would recommend you to be patient and not play with junk. Watch the game and take notes on your opponents.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It depends on the format of the freerolls. For example, in hyper freerolls, you can play with a large range because such tournaments are more of a lottery than poker. But in regular freerolls, such as our CardsChat freerolls, I would recommend you to be patient and not play with junk. Watch the game and take notes on your opponents.
I second this.

Format is massively important. The CC freerolls are probably the best regular freerolls available these days in terms of structure and field size and that means that they play VERY differently to the 10,000 entrant tournaments playing for $50 worth of tickets.

The only downside is the general standard of player is much higher than your regular freerolls.

hi_im_grimm

hi_im_grimm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
I do the same as people said above... push or fold as this kind of tourney are usually very loosey goosey

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Win couple of all ins in the early stage of freeroll and wisely manage your stake after that.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
play tight is all right, if phil helmuth can do u can too

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Try and stay out of trouble in the first hour, there are many who will push all-in with any Ace rag hand and sometimes they do suck out on you, but that is the nature of the game, once all the shove or fold players are out of the running you will get the more serious players trying to make the money.
But most importantly "Have Fun!" It's not costing you anything and not the end of the World if you go broke! So use the time to practice your game play and enjoy them.

Fepitaph

Fepitaph

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that freerolls will teach you a lot at the initial stage, at least push or fold, stop and push, and playing with strong hands, the only thing I want to add to the comments above is that in freerolls you need to completely forget about bluffing, as if it does not exist, at least until the final table

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By far the most important thing is to enter the right ones and not waste time playing hours for 10 cents

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it's best to play like you play for money

Freeroll Passwords