FREEROLL TIPS

lourivalveras

lourivalveras

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll open this topic to talk about winning strategies, to extract money from freerolls.

Since i am a new player, i'll list some facts that will guide this post that helps me through the work.

* Every freeroll has some amount of pepple that are jus registred to the tournament whitch aren't playing ( you shold take profit from that)

* Dont be afraid to be super TIDE, a TIDE player has the pacience to survive the first biggest elimenation of the tournaments , the leaving of the absents ones.

* Facing this survival, the middle of the tournaments, now is the time to open the range and act more aggressively...otherwise you wont get the percentage that receives money.

Last edited:
blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've survived many freerolls, some pay top 10 while others pay top 20%.. You shouldn't play the first 5 minutes of the tournament because everyone is raising with trash cards hoping to hit something. A lot of people register for freerolls for the sake of registerting. Once your stack starts growing, then you can slowly open up your range. Later in the tournament people start going all in with trash cards again hoping to hit something, that's when you tighten up a little and only play strong hands. If your chip stack isn't big enough , you probably have to open up your range again. People play very different to what I've said and that's ok. Everyone has their own style of play. Play as many freerolls as you can and you'll soon learn your own style of play.

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls

was in a large one yesterday 23927 people. Managed to survive to 1405th place. first hour there was less than 9000 people left. I really tried to use good judgement and patience to get through that. once you are over the bubble which was 4329 or thereabouts, it gets a little crazy again and my cards went dead. started to get blinded out and made a last stand with AQ. still lost. I think the opening up your range is a good point. It is hard to go from TAG to looser play but I think that is what I need to do to finish deeper.

M

Mcash2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many "freerolls" have real money rebuys and add-ons. For the beginner trying to get to the penny tables, you will be at a disadvantage. But you can go deep without the extra chips. Look to double-up early with Broadway or prs, then go rock mode.

A

Alphamuddle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my limited experience I would advice to play really tight at the beginning of the tournament. Once your stack gets higher, try to spot players who are likely to fold if put under pressure and be a bully. That was my strategy for the couple last freerolls and got me into the cash. However my problem is that as I grow really big at the table I play too loose and stupidly lose many chips in the hands when I am raising just hoping to scare others. But I promised myself to work on that in June :)

M

Mauno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait until you get good hand. Try not to spend too much preflop.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll open this topic to talk about winning strategies, to extract money from freerolls.

Since i am a new player, i'll list some facts that will guide this post that helps me through the work.

* Every freeroll has some amount of pepple that are jus registred to the tournament whitch aren't playing ( you shold take profit from that)

* Dont be afraid to be super TIDE, a TIDE player has the pacience to survive the first biggest elimenation of the tournaments , the leaving of the absents ones.

* Facing this survival, the middle of the tournaments, now is the time to open the range and act more aggressively...otherwise you wont get the percentage that receives money.

My suggestion for freerolls is don't be afraid to shove all your chips in with one hand and here's why, since most players play loose, there is no point in trying to raise 3bb when players will call anyway. To get the most value out of your good hands, shove all-in and hopefully luck is on your side.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker tried to Summarize it in: Patience to Wait good cards, play it Well, Discipline to Fold Good cards, when we are Lost and That's It.

Narciso

Narciso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggression with the best hand is the best that can be done in freeroll !!

S

Stamati87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to play only big hands and also to play only when you are in position.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem with freerolls is that there are too many players with a Gung Ho attitude, who will go all in with very little, looking for all others to fold. Always start the tourney tight, only call or raise with premium hands and when you get a good one in a good position, play it aggressively, Once the dorks have gone you can open out a bit

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've survived many freerolls, some pay top 10 while others pay top 20%.. You shouldn't play the first 5 minutes of the tournament because everyone is raising with trash cards hoping to hit something. A lot of people register for freerolls for the sake of registerting. Once your stack starts growing, then you can slowly open up your range. Later in the tournament people start going all in with trash cards again hoping to hit something, that's when you tighten up a little and only play strong hands. If your chip stack isn't big enough , you probably have to open up your range again. People play very different to what I've said and that's ok. Everyone has their own style of play. Play as many freerolls as you can and you'll soon learn your own style of play.

I like this style.

Stefanell75

Stefanell75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the risk loses, risk wins!
If you have a good hand, just jump all in and you can win

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive play in the beginning and then slowly play to the last table. That is my tactic on freerolls. Don't tell anyone :D

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dd

Freeroll should be played full agressive .Due to the reason is free ..people call with middle hand and a tight play will be off.Freerolls are good if you like zero risk .

R

rehanov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for the first 20ish minutes i play fold or all in
players are very loose at this time of the tournmant so i wait for good hand and shove and u always get 1 caller or sometimes 2 with stupid hands , sometimes u get bad beat but its a freeroll so take it easy
and even if i doubled up i am not afraid to shove with premium hand u will always get callers in freeroll
around the bubble if i am deep stacked i pressure short stacks wisely but if short or medium stacked i just fold till i hit the money

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your reasoning is correct,for the first time, even 10-15 minutes just attack Allin,then a lull before the storm.FERROLI it's just a millstone.

Farmz

Farmz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't go in with a strategy on free rolls. Obviously survival is the key. If it's a loose table then I play tight, if it's tight then I loosen up my range. I don't really think that you have to open up early on, you see lots of people going all in, and the blinds are so low there's no point.

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly play elementary wich is full of bingo players and ive managed to finish 35 and 3 more times in points til now every time loosed with moster hands against wierd so strategy to play only good hands isnt a good strategy for me atleast.Some tips i use never raise no1 will fold cuz of that so call>check/fold...til you rly have a strong hand than raise you'll be called for sure.Dont waste time and not play first part there is a chance to earn some chips be there but dont go all in like others...observe.This is for elementary particulary.Most of player that play here will play other freerols to soo...948 place at this moment i hope to get pass to high next month.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls should be played like a hyper microstack tournament, aggressive and try to collect as much chips early stage.

R

rehanov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full of fishes , just always shove especially early with premium hands u wiill get a caller or 2
they just cant fold jack 10 or ace 9 suited

rari458

rari458

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main piece of advice I'd offer is to be careful who you try to bluff, especially early on in the tournament. I almost always have somebody call a shove bet with very little in their hand.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't mind TIDE, but I'm more of a PERSIL type guy.

K

Killmitch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play the low blinds only monster hands and carefully as the tournament goes I Play enough to maintain stack and aggressive with 10 BB or less

Poker Tips