Freeroll strategy - bad habits?

T

tkearly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a challenge for myself. Win a freerole that pays something like 2 bucks or whatever then run with that and get a notable amount.

Rastaiza92

Rastaiza92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to win in the freerolls?

I want to know tips for this type of tournament, taking into account that the players go with whatever, and we are exposed to a bad bead.

2easy4ninja

2easy4ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i take first place on 888 15k ppl freeroll, turbo
no need quickfast bets, see on enemy's on thetable,
if you dont see fish @ table - fish its you (c)

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
learning poker I think you should to try the freeroll of CC.
There are bluff but not all-in crazy.

Izissant

Izissant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,

My question to you is this; do you think learning poker in free rolls will form bad habits due to the reckless play style of most participants? Also, what advice do you have for beating the odds and winning free and micro stakes tournaments at the beginning of building a bankroll?

Depending on your purpose. If you want to become a professional - you will no play reckless, but if you want to spend time just playing some game without thinking about how you play - you can prefere the manner you are talking about.. I prefer free roll tournaments in the cases when i want to explore something new in poker but I don`t want to spend my money for it..)
But there is also a bad side.. In free rlls as you know there are many participants which just want to waste their time here ans if you want to study - this type of game os not for you as you should play with professionals to reach your goal))

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning phase of freerolls, its a donkfest. But going to the middle part, its just like any other real money game.

The thing here is, be adaptable since poker is dynamic.

2easy4ninja

2easy4ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk bets everywhere, not freerolls only. Final table wsop 2008* Moon vs young guy :D
This young guy lost stack and millions beting with 23s at the table nothing combination for him, flop A 10 K Etc.. nothing matter, if anyone says its bluffsuper pro, Phill Ivey looks at him with big smile and dont think so)))
dont be a stress , mans