Freeroll is su'cks .. Impossible mission to win money :D

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't bet much in the first hour, unless I can get in some cheap flops and form a pat or near pat hand. The first hour is just preflop gambling and is a waste of time trying to win coin flips. After the second hour, it slows down a little and you need at least one double up before the third hour starts. You can't limp in anymore and have to raise when you have a good holding. I like raising on the flop and turn and be able to take the pot without a showdown. You still have to play opposite the table. If the table is loose, you play tight and vice versa. My goal is to build a nice stack and let the others go through stack panic when it gets down to the end.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play fairly tight at the beginning, but am prepared to get it all in pf with 10s and higher and AQ and better.

Then, as the bingo players bust out, everybody else plays way too tight, trying to 'lock in' their 50c payday, and then you can loosen up and steal far more.

Naitras

Naitras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first hand go all inn :) if you win try to catch lucky :D

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is a hard line strategy to adopt in freerolls, you need a strategy for each hand you play, because each hand is different in every way.
One thing I avoid like the plague is going all in, unless I have the nuts.

K

Komiljon Kamilov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My english not so good sorry !!!

J

julianz0r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think more than having a good strategy, it's completely know the rules of the game and calculate the odds, I've been out on these to learn the art of calculating them is somewhat complicated at times and more if you have to think fast at that time, hopefully someday learn to do it and so we can play better and not just getting lucky ...

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, i think the thing for be good at something is master it. As in this game, you gain experience by playing and trying. Its good that could be very well rewarded, if you are konstant player and want to earn experience.
By me was interesting too, cause i was playing only one way, then i started reading and the thing got more clearly.

A

Ajax95777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, almost most of my poker tornaments i play tight aggressive and if the tournament goes well and i make a lot of chips i usualy start to play a little bit loose aggresive.
In freerolls is hard beacuse people play more carefree and in most cases thats not good for you. But this can be good too because people will play more hands more loose, gutshots, draws and in the most of the time they will have 10-20 % of winning so thats what you should aim for. I too like when you have monster to just check because most of the people wouldnt just bet you at the flop but will continue till the river thinking that they will quit you and from that you will make a lot of money:)

Last edited:
D

diman_super

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to come up with a strategy for it freerolls . But tight play is + is exactly

cellait

cellait

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flush if A

if I have a flush I analyze the rival before. If he or she is loose then I raise or all in. On the other hand, if he is tight, I am more conservative.

If I have flush with A I up all-in

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure people hate me, but its "all in, all the time". I wait for a good hand and shove. Always seem to get called. Once I chip up, I settle down and play TAG.

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main strategy of freerolls is to play in freerolls

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to build your stack in earlier stage of the tournament when players are more aggressive.

MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls by nature are in the main luckfests

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't play always freerolls with the same way , but generally I was forced ,because of the bullying way the other players were playing in many freerolls , to change my tactic so now I play at freerolls with low prize very aggressively at the beginning, with many shoves and TAG later , only if the prize is high I play carefully from the start . When I'm low stacked I play very aggresively , especially versus the ones that keep bullying the low stacks , shoving with any good hand or else I 'll get blind out .When I have flush/straight draw , I'm gonna play to the end it if I have very few blinds or if I have been paid the appropriate odds by the others to do so or if I have enough blinds I mgonna pay one street only.

K

KGetsPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most of the posters on here. play very aggressive/loose early and try to get a stack, then calm down and play your normal poker game the later in the tournament it goes.

MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if we all play aggressive at the start, chances are 99% of us will not make later stages. i try playing freerolls with less players and look to meet site specific requirements to enter said freerolls, although things like the pokerschool freerolls can be a good learning tool

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It varies for me everytime I play a low payout freeroll. The action at the start is crazy as you noticed. Every once in a while I get a flood of good hands and make it to the money. Usually I get burned and swear never to play them again.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls

i win freerolls daily a lot of times first place each day. I am aggressive with good hands i mix it up and push hands and a lot of people continue to call me down that is amazing. I dont know how many freerolls I play a day but its a lot. with full flush pops and freerolls and bol or sportsbetting. I dont do a lot of freerolls on wpn mostly play micro stakes right now there. Build a role and moss ate up my bank lol. But had some good finishes and was a lot of fun:)

best money moss was 60.00... paid some bigger buy ins walked out of 6 events that bought into where had some things had to do:( but again was fun.

Freerolls you should play same as regular game. Like I said I think im very hard to play against cause I will play 98 like aces and mix it up and I push.

I think a lot of people play timid have betting patterns etc.. So just have fun is first suggestion than learn when you have to make moves and do this enough times till it becomes automatic. I play up to 12 events at a time dont like to though six is happy spot but sometimes get stuck into too many cause of how well im playing.

write good notes take time to learn your field etc. so recognize who can and cant pick on and whom weaker players are who will always call etc...

you are freeoll dude! more power to you!