Freeroll poker

NickFurlano

NickFurlano

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play super tight aggressive in freerolls wait for the big hand to come and bet big and let all you calling stations give me there chips

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I think the typical plan that works for me is to be a complete calling station with decent cards like 78 910 56 and suited connectors Than when the big hands come I will make a good size pre flop raise.

I have found that being a calling station allows me to see many more hands and than make a decision after the flop especially in the early stages. I am talking about when the blinds are about 10-20 0r 20-40 after that I will tighten up the first round and play premium hands and suited connectors.

I think in essence a free roll is actually the luck of the draw and with today's mentality of any two cards this is what seems to work for me. I wont play every hand of course but Will play suited connectors and higher cards.

It also depends on my position in the late stages I will play tight aggressive meaning that when I have the big hand I will raise such as AA KK QQ JJ 1010 AK AQ at the final table I will for sure raise on these hands and even raise with 99 88 77 I would love to here you all think I ALSO do to the amount of donks that play will make substantial raises if i have the big hand because you will always get called :D

I meant to say that I wait for the big hand to come to me not the big blind. If a hand is raised allot before I can see a flop and I only have a marginal hand I will usually fold and just be patient until the donks burn out But if i HAVE A GREAT HAND I will go with it and take my chances.

I have played many free rolls and found that Bet On Line is the best bet for them They seem to have better players in those and yes your right ev thing in the beginning is an all in deal and big raises so than if that's the way the table goes i will wait for that hand in the mean time if i can see the flop with a good hand or marginal for the price of the BB I will and usually I do get to especially after ev 1 sees that going all in is not the way

Edited to make it readable.

Do you really think 7 8, 9 10, and 5 6 are decent hands to call with ?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freeroll can get a big advantage when started push/fold phase , because many players call our shove very light and most time we have more good equity..

In freeroll what not make more mistake, if u get only pair need play more tight and no need play on whole stack, enough win 4-5bb.. If you get like 2 pairs or set, need bet pot what get maximum value. but if flop only dry.. if wet bet 50% pot bet...

Last edited:
Salvete777

Salvete777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In normal freerols I play like usualy @ MTT's.
In standart freerols with 1k+ players, I play very aggresive in early stages, if had good cards - just allin. There isn't metter to think good moves.

B

Bleached

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having huge trouble with these freerolls, cause recently I've found that when i have a good hand and i raise or reraise, there's always someone who calls with trash and more often than not that is where i bust.

Sure I know it's poker and variance and so on, but I was just mentioning it.

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This might seem like a good strategy, but believe me, it's not. You tried it out a few times, got some success and think it's the way to go;it's not. It's all about the long run, not a few tourneys.freerolls. You say it's the luck of a draw, if we are talking about few hands-yea, if about the long run- no. GL man

R

RailmanSRB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
people are playing freerols with crapy cards because there is no real money involved and play with everything thay have,and im usualy busted with my AK AQ or similar with 23.47 and something like that.people dont play as it should justr all in first hand.stupid....

bracadelija

bracadelija

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will no longer play freeroll began to affect badly on my game!

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm having huge trouble with these freerolls, cause recently I've found that when i have a good hand and i raise or reraise, there's always someone who calls with trash and more often than not that is where i bust.

Sure I know it's poker and variance and so on, but I was just mentioning it.

They call with trash to bust you. Generally a raise indicates high cards or pairs, so when they call with trash the raiser less likely to put them on a hand, but you have already been put on one. Or its a player that just calls with anything or wants action with a bigger pot.

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people are playing freerols with crapy cards because there is no real money involved and play with everything thay have,and im usualy busted with my AK AQ or similar with 23.47 and something like that.people dont play as it should justr all in first hand.stupid....

AK, AQ, or similar are just top kickers, they are not the strongest hand, a good starting hand, but what matters is whats on the board. Maybe dont shove, or adjust to the table, but the great thing about these hands is if theres action, you feel more comfortable shoving. But keep this in mind, a pair of 2's has got your AK beat preflop ;)

M

Mrjamesbond1977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been through the ups and downs in freerolls.Soo many time i have played with crappy players going all in garbage hands making miracles with me being pissed off as usually lol.