Freeroll Play

Greg Austin

Greg Austin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I havent read a lot of books, but 'Caro's Most Profitable Hold'Em Advice' is decent for live play. specifically for the psychological side of it. His technical game theory is more on the side of a nit so if you do read that one, read it for the psychology and the tells. (although if you prefer to play nit strategy, then his advice is good for that)
Mike Caro is extremely well versed in the psychology of poker. things like congratulating players for making a good play when it was really actually a bad play. saying you got lucky when you made a good play... things like that.

I've heard 'Harrington On Hold'Em' is good, but I havent read it, so i can't say much about it.

Just remember as far as online, if the money comes quickly then it goes quickly too. what I mean by that is the games where you can profit a lot at are probably slightly higher variance. so make sure you follow proper bankroll management (BRM). it takes a good bit luck to build a bankroll out of nothing, and you can go back to 0 really fast if you dont follow BRM once you do have a bankroll.

when you are at about $40, you are then properly rolled for .01/.02 $2NL.. wait until you have $100 before you move up to .02/.05 $5NL
thanks for this. i will check the book out, i like to be a nit when i first sit, nothing but premium hands until i spot 1 or 2 players type of style that i can expose for profits. I am up to 32 and im making a deposit with 50 bucks to put me at 82. i will play 5nl unless my balance drops to 40 bucks then back to 2nl until i hit 45. I will never go broke with this strategy. i will also only buy into 1 dollar or less mtt or sng until i hit 100 dollars then 2 dollar tournaments or less. I will never sit with all my money, ever. my mission is to cash out 300 leave 100 in the account.

UpUpAway

UpUpAway

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The greatest info from the super system is managing your stack throughout the tournament, being able to count your BBs, and playing position like a pro. It's a great foundation, but of course you still the most applicable for online play is the management of your stack.

Fish2014

Fish2014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend that you take this calmly fortunately is little bank so these risking nothing still not improving in your game and when you feel ready level up and dedicate yourself to be a cash player or an MTT player

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It should be interesting to see if your BRM strategy holds up. It is easy to say your bankroll will never disappear, but the cards and other players may have something to say about that. I agree with mbrenneman about limits to play. I am trying to follow the same strategy. One word of caution, don't try to erase a series of bad results by attempting to force good ones.

Zhendos

Zhendos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is simpler to make the deposit and not to spend the nerves, freerolls it is one big hassle=)

Greg Austin

Greg Austin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks all! won another 4 last night so im at 36$ Today i am going to relax and buy into some small mtt and play some freerolls, if i dont win any money today thats ok. theres a lot of tourneys with 30c 50c buyins with first paying out like 20 bucks or so, one first place finish would be golden but i wont hold my breath lol freerolls are a hassle zhendos but without them i wouldnt have any money so there good for something :)

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id do...

What about hitting up a few low buy in sit and gos. I raised my br on ACR from about 15 buck to over 240 in just a few days. Lots of patience and never feeling like you have to make loose calls to catch back up. IDK, worked for me. Thanks for posting your status, keep us informed an good luck!

Greg Austin

Greg Austin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about hitting up a few low buy in sit and gos. I raised my br on ACR from about 15 buck to over 240 in just a few days. Lots of patience and never feeling like you have to make loose calls to catch back up. IDK, worked for me. Thanks for posting your status, keep us informed an good luck!
Im not much into sng, i play them almost everyday but not constantly. I like full ring tables. those are my fav.

on another note today i multitabled up from i think it was 36 but i dropped to 34 and now im up to 44. I made that in 3 hours so like 3 bucks a hour.

I havent done well in a freeroll or mtt in awhile but the cash tables are making up for it i geuss. A first place finish would be nice!! lol am i getting to greedy

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3$ an hour is pretty good at these stakes! Be careful not to get greedy, and don't get tilted if you have a downswing.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure you don't bring the freeroll mentality into the real games, he shove style isn't goi to go well. I played quite a bit of freerolls and started playing worse from it.

W

willie B

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
continue play freeroll until you have more money

Greg Austin

Greg Austin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
continue play freeroll until you have more money
im at 50 bucks now. I 4 table 2nl and play .10c-1.00 mtt guaranteed tourneys. i bubbled out on one last night. made 9th place it hurt a bit cant lie. i hade my eye on that 40 dollar 1st prize but couldnt finish. I could have played real tight and made the bubble or take a chance and double up for a shot at first. I play for 1st not 8th 2nd or whatever. oh well.