Freeroll Grinders?

Whyel9809

Whyel9809

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont Play too many hands thats the biggest error alot of 'freeroll players' make. Also dont try bluffing until later in game around the time of button, thats when you have a huge advantage, but at same time recognize style of opponents vs hand strength. Hope that helps, and good luck!

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can absolutely learn something from playing freeroll mtts. It's generally not going to translate to higher stakes, but I don't see much difference from freerolls to micro mtts under $1

It also helps to get used to whatever software you're going to play.

And it's a way to learn some patience in early stages and change gears with more aggression as the tournament progresses.

Trying to build up from nothing it a challenge as well. Turn those pennies here or there into solid BRM and you will naturally progress through levels depending on the effort and discipline you can apply.

catchitfool

catchitfool

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heres my advice buddy, be patient, take advantage of the sit outs, be aggresive when u get gooder hands, avoid the 3-5 handed all ins, avoid the big stacks, pick your spots and get your money in good, play multiple sites such as ACR, Seals swc, full flush. best of luck fool:

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
heres my advice buddy, be patient, take advantage of the sit outs, be aggresive when u get gooder hands, avoid the 3-5 handed all ins, avoid the big stacks, pick your spots and get your money in good, play multiple sites such as ACR, Seals swc, full flush. best of luck fool:[/quote

I have to agree with this completely. And I'm sure I would agree with many more opinions here, but I only read a few because I'm playing a MTT right now. But it's only one table, so I can post here a little. What I want to say is if you want be a winner in any game, first of all, take the advice you get here and use it, but nobody can make you change you game except you. even if you get a truck load of advice here. It takes time, patience, the will to learn, no tilt at all, and a positive mind whenever you play GL to you

N

ndnk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A strategy some people I know use for large, low-value freerolls like the on-demand ACR $10 one is to shove a lot in the beginning and try to at least quintuple up early. You have to get very lucky to actually do it, more likely you will bust - but the rationale is that grinding a small stack in such a huge tournament with such a small cashout is just not a great use of time, whereas if you build up a huge stack early, especially considering the quality of the average player, you have a solid shot at cashing. To be clear, this may not be the most +EV strategy in a raw monetary sense, but it's quite probably more "worth one's time" when considering freerolls like this [or large freerolls that give you a ticket to a real tournament, etc.].

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can check my CC blog, it has several articles on exactly this topic. Link in signature.

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good strategy for freerolls is to only play top tier starting hands as a lot of people are going to jam all-in for the first 3-4 levels. then once it slows down and most the maniacs are gone to start to open your range up again.. you can certainly build up money through freerolls if you have patience though

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hi all,

looking for any tips or advice; i'm trying to build a bankroll from freerolls. I find i can cash a few and have had a couple of final tables, but i then lack the discipline (moreover patience) and just "go for it" in the micro mtts to try and work it up.. lol it's only pennies of course, but is anyone out there approaching it the same way? do you just look for a single cash then move or keep building for a while?

Low- Middle stakes MTTs used to be my thing, but found alot of holes in my game, variance aside i lacked consistency in play. do freerolls help your game in the long term do you think or is it just a base to get started :icon_bigs

You can play 888poker and pokerstars for freerolls .
888poker , if you can and want to play there , have the 20$ snap tournament free for all but after level 5 you gain access to 2 other freerolls , level 10 2 more etc .
You can use the money to play steps :step 1 costs $0.01 and gives 0.10 step2 , the step2 $0.10 gives $1 step 3 etc .You can use step tickets to play to SNG or tournaments , but you should play SNG at the beginning until you build your bankroll .
Pokerstars used to have many freerolls of its own (100k privelege , 2000 round2 weekend) and more of sponsor sites , but now has less and the freerolls that are pokerstars' are more difficult , in my opinion , to get access or win.
If you can win them (the cash giveaway, the CC,etc) play SNG by the rules of the articles refering to SNG strategy posted on this site , buid a bankroll,then start playing MTT. You need a lot of buy ins when you start playing MTT .
Play MTT with the rules exlained on strategy articles on this site.freerolls help you at start , but you must go and get familiarized with SNG and later with MTT ,early-middle and late stage .
Good luck on the tables. :)

victoor_06

victoor_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend you gain about 5 dollars or more and start playing Sit & Go to increase your bankroll, if you only play freerolls you lose a long time

you can play the cardschat freerolls, this week the EPT freerolls and the the walking dead freeroll, too you can get free tickets with intellipoker or other poker school, the others freerolls have a lot of players so is much difficult to get some cash

Turn yourself on a valuated member here, make quality posts then you will be able to participate of Freeroll Club. Today I finished on 3rd and earn about 11 dollars on the daily freeroll.

Tip 2: play the CashGiveaway games on PS, get the tickets forever u can and play them.

Tip 3: don't play Spin & Go. JUST DON'T DO IT!

meagain00

the tip 3 came a little late for me hahaha xD

Last edited:
thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
variance the easiest way to control variance is play more games:) IE freerolls I am on micro stakes right now and freerolls but shortly will move up to good stakes. I will probably play 3 freerolls to every say 5.50 buy in etc.. will try to only play 6 games at a time when do the bigger mtts etc... I do think the more you play if mind is right you feel good pay attention etc.. the sharper your game. I will always play some freerolls if possible before a league event etc.. Get the rust out etc... No matter skill level you will not win every event so if you can get in enough shots and finish a couple? you do well each day etc.. freerolls allow me to have a bad event and not ruin my day. That is why they are important to me at least. Get back on the horse etc.. easier cause aint losing money:)

Whyel9809

Whyel9809

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I literally just did this, i dont know if you have heard of bet only, but they have some pretty good freerolls, if you are up early at 605 every morning they have a 200$ freeroll, the thing i like about this is there arent that many players on at that time so makes it easier to win. also most other freerolls are only 10$ or 25$ with the ocasional 50$ freeroll, they also got a 300$ at noon but it is FULL of donks, i havent got close to that win yet. but i went from nothing to 53$ in the course of a week grinding the micro sng tables, they range from .05-1.10 is what i play. hope this helps!

victoor_06

victoor_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I literally just did this, i dont know if you have heard of bet only, but they have some pretty good freerolls, if you are up early at 605 every morning they have a 200$ freeroll, the thing i like about this is there arent that many players on at that time so makes it easier to win. also most other freerolls are only 10$ or 25$ with the ocasional 50$ freeroll, they also got a 300$ at noon but it is FULL of donks, i havent got close to that win yet. but i went from nothing to 53$ in the course of a week grinding the micro sng tables, they range from .05-1.10 is what i play. hope this helps!

hi @Whyel9809 are you talking about BetOnline or Bet365 or other poker room?

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend building your bankroll a bit in your free rolls before you start risking that money. You will be less likely to try to not lose the money and make better decisions.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only play premium hands, forget the rest.

87shorts

87shorts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi @Whyel9809 are you talking about BetOnline or Bet365 or other poker room?

he might be talking about tiger gaming. they have a $200 euro nooner at 6:05 am mountain time.

BBr3

BBr3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Takes a lot of patience. One tip is to open more than 1 so you can increase your odds, and give up on the 5/10/20/25$ games unless there is nothing available on other clients (rarely)