Freeroll best strategies and tactics.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone,

Anyone have a successful freeroll strategy for turbo blinds?

I have tried being aggressive but backfires because of push back by opponents and my cards are weaker.

Tried being tighter and defensive to avoid multiple beats but then get blinded out.

I am really frustrated by lack of success. I am constantly getting bad beats and I am never getting to any final tables.

I can't even put a bluff because it doesn't work.

Someone please help me to be better at freerolls.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. At the initial stage, play tight 2. Do not take defeat to heart 3. Play as many freerolls as possible 4. Do not try to bluff 5. Analyze your mistakes

B

brightonlad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more your play the more your luck will even up. Some good days and some bad. If you take your time and try to work out the playing styles of the players on your table you may have more success. Play and enjoy :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
  • tighten up your preflop selection as this is one of the most important decisions you make.
  • dont be aggressive with weak holdings. plan ahead for what your opponent might do.
  • defend you big blind more, especially if you close the action.
  • understand different (effective) stack sizes and how to play them.
  • understand spr and how it influences your decisions.
  • watch videos on how to play with different stack sizes, spr, 3betting, re-steal jamming, playing, bluffing, calling off bluffs, ranges, and everything else you can think of. if you feel like you've heard and read it all, you haven't. also, get different perspectives from different players as nothing is set in stone as far strategy goes.
  • put what you learned to use. there is no point in learning about x if you never apply it. its going to be hard and you're going to make a lot of errors, but what do you have to lose? its a freeroll. use this opportunity to make a ton of mistakes as you improve your game.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All I can say is that the freeroll is worth playing tighter at first. The bluff should be practically forgotten, at least until there is no reaching the ITM. From there, you can bluff once because you already have a bet, but you still have to be careful there.

The point is, I think this, like any poker level, be it micro low or high or just the freeroll, needs to be felt. I think that's it. :cool:

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
It all depends on luck. We must wait for good cards with which you can go all-in from a good position. How quickly good cards come into your hands, that's another question:)

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play turbo freerolls in the same way I'd approach a regular game, but with more awareness to the constantly changing stack sizes and a slightly more willing attitude to shove all-in at specific points (or as you said, you'll get blinded out).

We still want to try to play tight and not bluff a lot - especially the all-in shoves that freerolls are known for. Eventually the maniacs will take themselves out. In the meantime, this is more reason to tighten up preflop. We don't want to get involved with a mediocre to solid holding and then have a donk bet shove force us out of the hand. By playing tighter (and sometimes more straight forward for a while), we can sometimes wait out the crazy play at the beginning of the freeroll.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The turbo blinds are what is key here. My advice would be to play a tight aggressive game at the onset but always keep an eye on the clock and the blinds. You will have to start playing push/fold poker a little sooner than normal since the blinds will increase faster and you will see less hands per blind level. Instead of starting to play push/fold poker at 15 big blinds you will probably have to start playing it around 25 big blinds depending on just how fast a turbo it is. Starting push/fold sooner will allow you to see roughly the same number of hands being ready to jam as a normal tournament would if you started at 15 Big blinds.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls, players play more freely and more hands, less aggressively as entry to the tournament is free and there is no risk. And so there are no special differences in the strategy, as long as the stacks are deep, we open a more tight range, with increasing blinds and decreasing stacks, we play more freely. Don't risk everything without big chances to win.:)

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please think is various of the situation of the table.

And please keep the insight which sees through what is related in victory or defeat.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think playing freerolls is more fun than poker, but in a turbocharged structure it is generally a lottery!