FreeRoll To BankRoll

C

Chandla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has Anyone Here Built Up A Nice bankroll Off Of Playing freerolls? If So, Could You Explain The Freerolls You Play And What You Did To Keep Building? Thanks.

S

StorkBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First my advice to you is to pick up just one poker room and to play only in that room. I picked up pokerstars. Reasons for that is to meet players and their way of game.
Play any freerolls that you can and try to make just some money, $0,10-$1. After that get away from freerolls, play 180 Sit&Go with $0,10 buy-in. Players are not so crazy like in $0,02 and in freerolls, and you can easy cash in, believe me.
After you make some money in that Sit&Go look for some $0,27 or $0,55 tournament where prize pool is around $750-$2.5k. Here you can also find some decent players, some of them are still crazy like in freerolls but for time that you play to make some money you should be able to recognise who is an all-in madman and a decent player.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you ask me, it is hard, why? hmm in freerol people think that "ah I have nothing to lose, all in with K4o". Skill are important but lucky is important too in freerool. For example today I am waiting for monster, and i get it QQ on cut o9ff, some opponent push all in I call of course and loose with A3o. Maybe some body say QQ call? blinds 50/100? but read was ok.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you ask me, it is hard, why? hmm in freerol people think that "ah I have nothing to lose, all in with K4o". Skill are important but lucky is important too in freerool. For example today I am waiting for monster, and i get it QQ on cut o9ff, some opponent push all in I call of course and loose with A3o. Maybe some body say QQ call? blinds 50/100? but read was ok.
QQ will win 71% of the time vs A3o. You got the money in good. You should be happy.

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played freeroll , and since I play sometimes , but is really hard to win , because everyone playing how they want they going all in with nubish cards , and they have luck your QQ is knocked out there against K7. :D
Thanks!

S

StorkBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with everything what others write, win the freeroll is very difficult, it seems to me almost impossible without a lot of lucky. With freerolls you can only spoil your game because when you start to play more seriously tournaments and someone goes all-in you are going to think that he has nothing and then BOOM ... Villain has set.
For me freerolls are helped in the beginning when I started playing poker and I was interested to play without paying and possibility to make some money.
It is better to invest $20 and on that you get a bonus and then you go to play some tournaments from $3.30 buy-in and up.
Bounty Builder tournaments are good, many opponents will not to take risks and go all-in with any hand. You can find Bounty Builder with $2.20 buy-in with a prize pool of $6,000 and bounty prize of $ 0.50 per head.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management