FREE Webinar: How to make your first $1,000 online!

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is very good at analyzing the game-play situations, and I was interested in the webinar, because my heads up play at the very end of STTs have been a bit of a leak in the past.
The price that was offered for the coaching site was reasonable, but to spend every day for at least 3 months just studying and working on heads-up play...Yikes!:eek:

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is very good at analyzing the game-play situations, and I was interested in the webinar, because my heads up play at the very end of STTs have been a bit of a leak in the past.
The price that was offered for the coaching site was reasonable, but to spend every day for at least 3 months just studying and working on heads-up play...Yikes!:eek:

whilst you may think it reasonable , as a cash ring game player it seemed quite high for a HUsng beginner. without looking into it , i'm guessing that anyone wanting to learn HUsng's could probably access enough content on cardrunners or deuces cracked for a lot less initially to see whether they liked that form of poker.300$ seemed like a big up front outlay (for me) to put up for a game i may not even like. It also seemed a bit vague as to how much actual coaching you'd get from fydor as it seemed like you have access to his team who could well just be all the other people signed up for the "mastermind" and giving their opnion with the only guarantee i remember being 1 video a week . no mention of what stakes that video would be at as i'm pretty sure $100+ HUSNGs play way differently than the $1.50s most players would start off at.

1.50s are 1.44 +0.06 . if you win 5.5 out of 10 you win 15.84 and cost 15 to enter so $0.84 profit per 10 games. to cover that $100 a month coaching fee beginners will have to play nearly 1200 games per month ( 40 games per day) just to cover the coaching cost and rake and this is assuming that they automatically start winning more games than they lose.Maybe i'm being cynical , but the only winrate type stuff shown was his winnings graph, nothing to show how the people who this is aimed could expect to earn at. Granted , you can say the 100$ a month is an investment that you put in at the start which will be repaid from winnings later on, but you still have to grow your bankroll from winnings to move etc in order to be able to make those returns later on.

Anyway , that's essentially why i passed on the "opportunity". For HUsngs regs at micro stakes who are already winning and have a base knowledge the maths may make more sense for them as they are already over the profitability hurdle and can make the move through the stakes quicker.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just was looking at it as an long term investment when I describe the price as being reasonable.
It's the same thing as going to any trade school. There's no way your going you can expect to make any immediate profit, but in the long run it is inevitable.
However, 40 SNGs a day is only like 4-6 an hour each day. It seems like an awful grind, but it's not that horrible.

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah , but for a complete beginner which is going to be the most helpfull one or two videos initially with fydor or hundreds of videos at deuces cracked, HUsng.com or cardrunners and the latter will be at a fraction of the cost.

fydor_8

fydor_8

HUSNG Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ended up sleeping all day after staying up all night so I couldn't tell you lol.

If you were signed up, you should have received an email with the link to the replay. If you weren't and want the replay, just let me know :)

fydor_8

fydor_8

HUSNG Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hey, thanks for the compliment about my hand-analyzing skills :)

No problem, the Mastermind is really for people who want to make Heads Up Sit n Go's their main focus and ultimately play them exclusively by the end.

fydor_8

fydor_8

HUSNG Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whilst you may think it reasonable , as a cash ring game player it seemed quite high for a HUsng beginner. without looking into it , i'm guessing that anyone wanting to learn HUsng's could probably access enough content on cardrunners or deuces cracked for a lot less initially to see whether they liked that form of poker.300$ seemed like a big up front outlay (for me) to put up for a game i may not even like. It also seemed a bit vague as to how much actual coaching you'd get from fydor as it seemed like you have access to his team who could well just be all the other people signed up for the "mastermind" and giving their opnion with the only guarantee i remember being 1 video a week . no mention of what stakes that video would be at as i'm pretty sure $100+ HUSNGs play way differently than the $1.50s most players would start off at.

1.50s are 1.44 +0.06 . if you win 5.5 out of 10 you win 15.84 and cost 15 to enter so $0.84 profit per 10 games. to cover that $100 a month coaching fee beginners will have to play nearly 1200 games per month ( 40 games per day) just to cover the coaching cost and rake and this is assuming that they automatically start winning more games than they lose.Maybe i'm being cynical , but the only winrate type stuff shown was his winnings graph, nothing to show how the people who this is aimed could expect to earn at. Granted , you can say the 100$ a month is an investment that you put in at the start which will be repaid from winnings later on, but you still have to grow your bankroll from winnings to move etc in order to be able to make those returns later on.

Anyway , that's essentially why i passed on the "opportunity". For HUsngs regs at micro stakes who are already winning and have a base knowledge the maths may make more sense for them as they are already over the profitability hurdle and can make the move through the stakes quicker.

Hey,

You're right, I could have probably done a better job explaining the exact details of what you should expect in the private group...I hope this ties up some of the loose ends. If not, feel free to ask more questions as I'd be glad to clarify.

#1 Yes, you'll be getting a new 1-hr video every week. However, this is NOT just going to be a general video of my game-play or a hand-history review. These videos are going to be step-by-step learning guides to teach you everything you need to know to learn/improve and ultimately crush HUSNG. Everything from the fundamentals, to basic theory, to specific elements of HUSNG that you need to understand and apply. Again, I understand that the $100s play way differently than the low stakes so my lessons will be customized to the stakes my students are playing. I have a lot of experience coaching lower-stake players, so I know how to coach them accordingly. Also, I don't have a "team". I'll be in the group leading all conversation, debates, and answering questions daily.

#2 Yes, 100$ a month for 3 months is a considerable investment. However, I can guarantee that the value you will get in this group will make it will worth it. I also remember saying that all the information you need is probably already out there on the internet if you look long enough, but in my coaching experience, I've found that alot of students have a hard time applying the information and lack of confidence usually leads to confusion regarding if they are actually applying them correctly. This is why I've structured the group this way...most low stake players need constant support and re-assurance that they are doing things well (or not well, and need correction). Again, there's a big difference between having the information and actually staying on track without falling off the wagon. I can't stress how much support, motivation, and accountability are important in someone's development and usually these three characteristics differentiate a player that gives up and quits vs a player who sticks to it and achieves greatness.

#3 This is a long term investment, and I did explain that in the webinar as well. I encourage people to sign up for at least 3-months because you simply won't see results after 1-month and I'm not trying to hide that from anyone. This is also why I gave a significant discount for the 3-month package. I only want students who are committed to sticking with thing long enough to see considerable long term results. Also, I don't expect people to play 1200 games a month and make back their 100$ investment every month. If someone is willing to make the sacrifice upfront and remember that this is a long term investment, this is likely going to provide disproportionate results in the long term.

#4 There's a big difference between watching general videos that weren't make for you vs watching videos about your particular play and working with someone who will help you with your specific needs. So, yes you can find plenty of videos of me coaching online, however getting videos tailored to your specific needs/leaks are way more applicable and hold much more value.

Thanks for bringing this up, I probably should have been more clear on the webinar about the exact details, but this was my first-ever webinar so I guess I now know what I can improve on!

Hope this helps, good luck :)

fydor_8

fydor_8

HUSNG Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just was looking at it as an long term investment when I describe the price as being reasonable.
It's the same thing as going to any trade school. There's no way your going you can expect to make any immediate profit, but in the long run it is inevitable.
However, 40 SNGs a day is only like 4-6 an hour each day. It seems like an awful grind, but it's not that horrible.

Thanks! I honestly believe that the value in this mastermind is much much much higher than the price I'm charging.

Like I said, I've had students who were beginners and/or micro stake players pay me 100$/hr and understand the value in the investment even though it was a big commitment upfront. Many of them are still playing HUSNG (3+ years later) and have made it to a stake where they make a considerable monthly income with it. Think about the value in using this as a starting point or stepping stone to get you to a point where you can play the $20, $30, $50 stakes. Let's assume you stayed in the group for 1 year and paid $1,000, you could easily end up making that back in 1 month down the road, even if it's only 1 year from now. And, every month after that is profit!

I know it's not easy to justify for some, and that's why this Mastermind is NOT for everyone. It really is for a select few people who are willing to make the commitment and who have a strong desire to reach their goals without letting anything get in their way...even if it only means recovering their investment 1 year from now.

fydor_8

fydor_8

HUSNG Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah , but for a complete beginner which is going to be the most helpfull one or two videos initially with fydor or hundreds of videos at deuces cracked, HUsng.com or cardrunners and the latter will be at a fraction of the cost.

This is 100% true.

However, my course will drastically accelerate the learning curve. And most importantly, it will decrease the percentage of players who give up due to lack of motivation, confidence, too many short term losses, or whatever the reason may be.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i signed up but didnt catch the webinar, should i have received an email with the link.

Last email i got was

This is a reminder that "How to Create Consistent Profits with Online Poker" will begin in 1 Hour on:
Fri, Jun 13, 2014 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT

fydor_8

fydor_8

HUSNG Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i signed up but didnt catch the webinar, should i have received an email with the link.

Last email i got was

This is a reminder that "How to Create Consistent Profits with Online Poker" will begin in 1 Hour on:
Fri, Jun 13, 2014 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT

Yeah you should have received one by now...

If you haven't, email me at: michaelcarbone8@hotmail.com and I'll forward it to you.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hey,

You're right, I could have probably done a better job explaining the exact details of what you should expect in the private group...I hope this ties up some of the loose ends. If not, feel free to ask more questions as I'd be glad to clarify.

#1 Yes, you'll be getting a new 1-hr video every week. However, this is NOT just going to be a general video of my game-play or a hand-history review. These videos are going to be step-by-step learning guides to teach you everything you need to know to learn/improve and ultimately crush HUSNG. Everything from the fundamentals, to basic theory, to specific elements of HUSNG that you need to understand and apply. Again, I understand that the $100s play way differently than the low stakes so my lessons will be customized to the stakes my students are playing. I have a lot of experience coaching lower-stake players, so I know how to coach them accordingly. Also, I don't have a "team". I'll be in the group leading all conversation, debates, and answering questions daily.

#2 Yes, 100$ a month for 3 months is a considerable investment. However, I can guarantee that the value you will get in this group will make it will worth it. I also remember saying that all the information you need is probably already out there on the internet if you look long enough, but in my coaching experience, I've found that alot of students have a hard time applying the information and lack of confidence usually leads to confusion regarding if they are actually applying them correctly. This is why I've structured the group this way...most low stake players need constant support and re-assurance that they are doing things well (or not well, and need correction). Again, there's a big difference between having the information and actually staying on track without falling off the wagon. I can't stress how much support, motivation, and accountability are important in someone's development and usually these three characteristics differentiate a player that gives up and quits vs a player who sticks to it and achieves greatness.

#3 This is a long term investment, and I did explain that in the webinar as well. I encourage people to sign up for at least 3-months because you simply won't see results after 1-month and I'm not trying to hide that from anyone. This is also why I gave a significant discount for the 3-month package. I only want students who are committed to sticking with thing long enough to see considerable long term results. Also, I don't expect people to play 1200 games a month and make back their 100$ investment every month. If someone is willing to make the sacrifice upfront and remember that this is a long term investment, this is likely going to provide disproportionate results in the long term.

#4 There's a big difference between watching general videos that weren't make for you vs watching videos about your particular play and working with someone who will help you with your specific needs. So, yes you can find plenty of videos of me coaching online, however getting videos tailored to your specific needs/leaks are way more applicable and hold much more value.

Thanks for bringing this up, I probably should have been more clear on the webinar about the exact details, but this was my first-ever webinar so I guess I now know what I can improve on!

Hope this helps, good luck :)

Great response Michael! thanks :)