Foolish hands after the flop

D

doleco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
:)
I've seen a lot of play want to make chips before the flop with QQ, and even after the flop where they hit K or A want to keep their hand. With this hand or all-in or only pay, it is no use pre-flop tri-bet that most of the time after the flop becomes the losing hand. So if you have QQ in your hand and hit K or A on the flop, you will have to fold and part to another.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I receive QQ, do I see that I do not give my opponent a lot of chance, trying to win chips with hands like QQ-JJ, is it risky at least, or are you willing to risk your money and lose?

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking at it from a realistic point of view. If you have Q Q in your hand than the odds of an A or K coming on the flop is 8/50 + 8/49 + 8/48 = .16 + .163 + .167 = .49 = 49%. That doesn't anybody will an A or K in their hand, it just means that what the chance of one of those two cards coming on the flop will be in a randomly shuffled deck.
Different scenario. You have Q Q in your hand and your opponent unbeknownst to you has A K in his hand. What percent of the time will he hit an A or K on the flop?? Hmm??? 6/48 + 6/47 + 6/46 = .125 + .128 + .13 = .383 = 38.3% of the time. I still like like to 3 bet my pocket Q's preflop. Pocket J's, a lot of it depends upon the scenario that I am in. I hope this has been helpful to you.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also have many such players in the game, I try to play QQ if the bet is big then I mostly play all-in, but if the bet is small then I play either all-in or bet 3 bet and look at the flop if not aces or kings then i keep playing!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get all-in preflop with QQ most probably you will just steal the blinds and the bets of the limpers (if any) before you. At late stage of tournament where blinds are big that may be enough for you but at earlier stage if you want to attract more players to enter pot (but not too many) you should raise but not too aggressively. IDeally one or two will pay and you will have a good pot. If flop comes with A or K and somebody bets - well this is not your hand obviously and you should fold the hand but more frequently this will not happen and you will win the hand.

Many new players simply can't fold a hand when they see KK, QQ, KK or AK despite the fact that they are obviously in loosing position in some hands. This is serious problem for them and very good thing for the people who use this to take their money. :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that QQ is a pair you can invest on. Yes it is not AA or KK, but it is a strong pair, which can win, especially when another Q appears at the flop!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I

ilucha228

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the opponent's call range and how he reacts to K and A on the flop.

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen a lot of play want to make chips before the flop with QQ, and even after the flop where they hit K or A want to keep their hand. With this hand or all-in or only pay, it is no use pre-flop tri-bet that most of the time after the flop becomes the losing hand. So if you have QQ in your hand and hit K or A on the flop, you will have to fold and part to another.
when i havev QQ....never afraid off K....:))....but if the A is on the table that is another thing.....but depends on the bet.....doesn t matter if is a K or A on the table

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will C-bet if heads up and checked too. I will float a donkey bet. I will play it by ear in a heads up pot. I will mostly concede to giving up if an over card hits in a multiway pot.

:evil:Zer0:evil:

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the amont of players that left, i go on, slowly and see.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first thing I do is re-raise to reduce the number of players and see where I am in a certain way. With so much money already in the pot, I would make my 3-bet a little higher than normal, considering the previous action in this hand. My goal is always to try to go heads up against the Player. 1 to extract a maximum of value from it, if the flop is too unfavorable. I try to minimize as much as possible my losses on this hand.if it is necessary I do not hesitate to fold.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's foolish to think your QQ is bad every time an A or K hits the flop.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands