folding kk/qq/jj/

B

Bernardo Zonatto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats exactly what happened to me today when I played the Open Skill League tournament. Second hand of the tournament, I got QQ, raised, my opponet 3 bet,the other went all in, I went all in,the first called. He had KK, the other had AJ and I lost the tournament at the first hand. Every situation its a situation. Specially at the beggining of tournament, try to play ultra tight, after all the all ins insane plays had gone by. At this situation, its a very tough one. I would say just call any all in pre flop with AA, KK, AK QQ, at max JJ, but depends on multiple factors though. Best of luck :)

LLIypuk

LLIypuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1010, JJ I would have fold, KK and QQ i would have call.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK call,QQ maybe,depend by position,but JJ fold(or if i have alcohol then probbably call)
:D :D

isaachumarang

isaachumarang

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK QQ no matter what all in/call preflop :D 10-10 JJ think if its worth the try and how many chips you have

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a lot of people in this thread have got the wrong idea. Of course there are times when you fold JJ+! Heck, sometimes it's even right to fold pocket aces (although not in the early stages). If three people with a 0% VPIP over the first 50 hands decide to open shove, call and call in the early stages for 100BB, I'm folding Kings. But It's not a good habit to get into, people fold these hands more than they should do at the micros when some people just play weird and go all in with way too much. You have to have a good reason to fold these monsters, but there's always a time. You just have to pay attention to your opponents (or buy a HUD).

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First let see a flop. If your chips cannot afford the bet dont go there. And your position will be more important depend of your stack to call or raise.

A

Aces74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the buy in if you call with any of these hand you may be eliminated.
Could call with qq or kk probably not jj.
A lot depends on the players and the way the betting went down.

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop I'm definitely looking to fold QQ and JJ of 3 other players go all in before me. I believe it was in Danial Negreanu's Power Holdem book where he makes the statement that with Queens and Jacks you are only slightly ahead or way behind, so with 3 players already in the pot my guess is that someone is holding Aces or Kings. With Kings I'm not necessarily going to fold if it's early in the tournament and I can rebuy.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watching at opponents if it is aggresive monkeys, then except tens a stake if serious players of jj - fold, qq - 50/50, kk - call, profit :)

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KK is always an alll in situation, anytime, anyplace, I go for it :)

Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there are two or more players going raise or all in before me, I fold. I was often lossing with JJ, QQ is like 50 % chance to win/lose, and KK would try if there is no A on flop.

Folding in Poker