Folding K5 not suited

O

olivercito3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i want ask how would you feel or even if you would fold 5K not suited in preflop and on turn you would get four of kind .
qiL5aaA
qiL5aaA

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can actually fold any other trash hand like 10 2 or 10 5 and get on flop full house or three of kinds and it will be still the same feeling like "why I did this ?" I'm sure that happened with many players

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i want ask how would you feel or even if you would fold 5K not suited in preflop and on turn you would get four of kind .
qiL5aaA
qiL5aaA
you don't worry about anything like that happening. if it does, oh well. shrug it off and don't be result oriented.

it's about long term profitability and k5 is not winning in the long term. and it's hitting quads so very rare at .001% by the river that playing bad hands just because you might hit it is a very losing strategy.

this goes for all bad hands. sometimes they'll be winning hands. due to equity, all hands have a chance to be winning hands, but there is a difference between hands what win in the long run and those that don't.

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you fold K5o preflop which gets 4ofaKind post flop.

I think you made a good decision.

Any bad hole cards turns something that. You should play only good game.

Don't care about after flop and get tilted.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I flopped quad 7s when I played A7 this week. It isn't easy to get people to give you their money when this happens. They have to have hit one of the two other cards, and even then might you only get one street of action.

Better in the long run to fold K5o unless facing a min raise when you're on the BB. Even then you might stack off against a better King.

Folding in Poker