Folding on the bubble

krasikrisi

krasikrisi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to play like donkey.. yes offcorse you can fold the AA on preflop ;) I will like to play with those people..)
I always play them AA, but I fear much less often win small,, 8.9,, 4.5,, 6.7,,

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never have fold AA preflop so far, and I am playing online poker for about 8 years. But I can`t say I always won with AA. But I`m sure late in the tournement it is a bad decision, because you will see often not many hands at the showdown.

S

SHALABAS13

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding AA pre-flop never ever. No matter what the situation is. AA is the best hand pre flop if you don't know that don't play.

J

jackopulos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never fold AA preflop.!!!!:icon_sant

pricechoppin

pricechoppin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I could ever fold AA pre....but maybe just maybe if on the bubble for huge bucks I might not risk my stack but hard to fold for sure....

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
never have. I've busted out with Aces and kings on the bubble. However, if I can get it all in at that point it's well worth the risk.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You folded too early. The other player could have KK, AK, etc. so he could be excited.

cliffordsimak

cliffordsimak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

You should never ever fold AA Pre-Flop in a regular tournament. You may fold only in a specific situation or if you're playing satellites.

Your goal is to reach FT in every tournament so if you're folding AA Pre-Flop you're result oriented and scary money...

If you'll loose happens but you can't think that without any reasonable reason.

I totally agree. Fold with AA cowardly act. :mad:
Your goal is to win the tournament, but throwing AA do worse yourself.

Last edited:
Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to compute your Tourney EV the same way you compute your Hand EV. Your decision should be based on Tourney EV.

Simple extreme example:
9 handed - 9 players left - 8 places paid.
You have 10 BB (doubling up wont help much.)
3 players have less than 1 BB - (someone will be out next hand)
What do you do with AA?

L

Lying So Low

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never folding AA, also never slow playing them... With AA your pre flop chances are max, double will give a chance for good place in MTT

anonimalit

anonimalit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think AA is accept to fold in button vs hight stack =)

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never.

Play them right, thats all you can do.

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on your stack, if you are a chip leader that is necessary to be pressed on a table, if middle stack that I would whip off. Also depends on the game of opponents. If player constantly reise that fold unambigiuous.

ChinooTW

ChinooTW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don´t have to be afraid of the bubble. On the contrary, you have to be more aggresive, people will fold so many hands. You can take the blinds easier than before. Take an advantage on that.

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, cashing in for $6 isn't why you bought in for $4.80. You can play 10 MTTs and simply finishing in the money with no deep finishes you'd need to cash in at least 7 just to break even. You gotta build the stack. You just passed up a golden opportunity to essentially double your chances at a 4-5 figure payout but instead passed to ensure you got a gallon of gas.

How often you need to fold AA on bubble stage? MTT buy-in 4.80$. On bubble stage I have AA, I have a stack 44bb, stack your opponent 52bb. I raise 3.5bb, opp re raise all in. After much thought i can fold. Having the best hand pre flop could lose if my opponent would put the best combination

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's not a sattelite where sitting out the bubble gets you a ticket, then you should NEVER fold AA preflop HU.

You're not playing just to get ITM, you're playing to win the MTT. Doubling up on the bubble can get you a lot closer to that win.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any tournament not pass with AA on the bubble , but in a particular tournament depends on the place, behind the table at the end of the month can click on a pass.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA never folded because it's good chance of profit

Folding in Poker