Fold with J J

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In every matchs , the cards that make you kicked out side that is inevitable , how to surpass it ? Sometime J J are cards that make you can not fold , i m experienced several times , pair of queens and pair of Kings we may be can make call , depend on skills of every people , someone can call randomly and get winning .

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes. sometimes I do not do all ins with my JJ early in a tournament because I do not want to be out of the tournament on a coin flip.

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't call a jam if I am early at tournament.

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
JJ is really a strong hand pre-flop, but it's depends of position, but sometimes if you're in coinflip with JJ against AK or AK, KQ, and even AJ, and even QJ but remember you're a biggest favorite against AJ or QJ, and with these 3 hands you're in a coinflip.
If you're against QQ, and KK, and you're not in a position, then you should play carefully your hand, because of position, but it's really hard to fold, this hand.
If you have feeling, and you feeling someone it's better than you, then feel free to fold, this hand, but it's depends of stage of the event.
It's a lot of things to explain here, but maybe i'ts a bad beat, and remember bad beats it's happening to everyone, this is poker bro.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the dynamics of the game at the table and the range of the opponents .

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always check this card, go all-in only when my opponent makes a move, then I have to go under duress, I will never fold this card.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In every matchs , the cards that make you kicked out side that is inevitable , how to surpass it ? Sometime J J are cards that make you can not fold , i m experienced several times , pair of queens and pair of Kings we may be can make call , depend on skills of every people , someone can call randomly and get winning .

Look at the following factors to help decide whether or not you want to play JJ for all of it
#1 what position are the players in (be cautious in early position, confident in late)
#2 how deep are the stack sizes (if they're shallow, go go go, if deep, maybe not so)
#3 what type of player is your opponent (loose and crazy or tight and cautious?)

By adding in this additional information to your decision, you'll be thinking about more than just your own hand, you'll be considering the strength of your opponents hand, the likelihood they have a better or worse hand than you.

And in doing so you'll be much more likely to come to the best decision :eek:

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like you say it depends on the situation. its not the same calling an all in with jacks for 200 bb than calling with only 20 bb or less. in the first scenario you can consider folding your hand and that would be very reasonable against most players, however with 20 bb left or less unless there are more players involved in the hand, shoving all in seems to be the best thing to do with jacks. there are lots factors to consider on whether to raise, call, fold or shove preflop or postflop like your chipstack, villain chipstack, villain poker style, bubble, icm, your position at the table or how many players are involved in the hand.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a pocket pair of jacks or even queens cautiously. If there are kings or aces on the flop and my opponent raises me i would probably most likely fold.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
JJ and Ak are tough hands to play early in a tourney if opponent forces an all-in. With no data on the player, I probably fold.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play JJ strong if correct position, stack...

If early in tourney, especially with a huge field, JJ is shove worthy; to build your stack. And if you lose, it isn't as if you invested hours of playing time.
Later in tourney or if playing cash, JJ you play strong if you have position against a passive TAG table.
That being said, please play JJ carefully, no going crazy with a pocket pair that is lower than AA KK or QQ.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

JJ I play like a normal pickpocket to catch a set. a lot of outs beats JJ a named A, K,D :jd4::jd4:

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This inevitably happens. You cannot win with pairs all the time. There is always a combination above. I always play it safe and don't use more than 50% of the stack in the game.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can of course throw off JJ, but you need to clearly represent the situation at the table .If you have already gone to ollin, then your JJ is a roulette game in this case.If you have everything in front of you, then you can consider a small raise to feel the strength of the hand of the remaining players.Well, if you are *****ed, then catch nats!)And as they always say, everything is in your hands!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that JJ is one of the most frequent hands that I bust on. I don’t go crazy with them but when less than 10 bb left and no one has opened pot I’ll shove with them. Invariably I end up against KK or AA. And really they’re not much better than 88-1010. Most time you’ll be up against QQ+ or AQ+ If you’re getting called.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the size of my stack and in what position I am playing. with a stack of 15bb and below, I always play for the stack against a raise.

L

Lolocomondo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most people believe that JJ is a strong hand, but in my experience you cannot count on it. It is feasible to lose with Ks As Qs. Play this with caution and not rely on it. I usually lose with it cause most of the times on of the higher appears.

Folding in Poker