Flush draw flops... putting the odds against opposition?

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Total posts
Ok, so I might be able to learn something here.

When I already have a hand made after the flop, and I'm confident I'm currently leading, but it flops two of the same suit - I bet the pot to try and make it a poor call for anybody with a flush draw.

Is this correct, or should I be betting higher? Or does it just depend on how many people I expect to call and use that as the pot amount?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Total posts
Awards
depends how the hand has played preflop, your position, stack size...
with a straight or a three of kind in the flop, if you bet pot size, overall, is more than enough to extract value from opponents.
Is rare to see a overbet in the flop, only if the players are short stack

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Total posts
A lot of dynamics to be taken into consideration but most of the time I try to control the table and if not sometimes I just go balls out unless there are a pair flopped with possible full house or better repping.

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Total posts
depends how the hand has played preflop, your position, stack size...
with a straight or a three of kind in the flop, if you bet pot size, overall, is more than enough to extract value from opponents.
Is rare to see a overbet in the flop, only if the players are short stack

A lot of dynamics to be taken into consideration but most of the time I try to control the table and if not sometimes I just go balls out unless there are a pair flopped with possible full house or better repping.

It varies a lot with regards to position.

I guess my question is what sort of betting size I should be doing.

If the pot is currently 50 and there's 5 of us left and I'm first to go, I'll bet 50.

However, if I'm pretty confident, due for example, somebody very quickly calling UTG (which can suggest confidence), whether I should take that call as a given and add it to the pot, therefore betting more than the pot.

Full Flush Poker Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator