Flopping 2 Pair and Losing

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Can anyone explain to me why is that when I flopped two pair, even top two pair, I lose 90% of the time? It just doesn't seem right to loose so often when you flop so well with two pair. It's gotten to the point where I damn near feel sick when I flop two pair. Thank you
It is to teach you that the board consists out of 5 cards. The magic of losing...I guess most of the time ppl get dealt similar cards and get to see the flop cheap or all in with suited connectors 89, T7, 9T and one has even a pair of 99s. If you flop two pairs, you have only 4 more outs to develop to a full house, while others have open ended (flush)draws and so on.

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, you have to play aggressively with 2 pair, but remember that it can be beat, so if you get re raised, think about what the opponent may have, and don’t rule out a straight or flush draw, that some players draw to all ends of the earth on, so make them pay to draw, and make your money on the times they don’t make it to pay for the times they do make it.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gotta tell you that the same thing happened to me for about 6 months.

I would flop 2 pair and it would get beat by all kinds of things.

It was a huge relief when that bad run came to an end.

D

dempdem13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well if its a wet board, you have to try and keep the pot small and know how to fold when the draws come in.