Are fish good or bad?

Bengals_Boy

Bengals_Boy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it depends on their(the fish) chip stack.CAuse if they have a healthy stack they r more likly to stay around in the hand longer and play ant cards of the same set and stay around with ne lil pair tyin to catch that set or that flush,striaght

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish never leave skul.
Salmon is better fish.
Fish swim together.
Where is my stick?
:D

Bengals_Boy

Bengals_Boy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love fish when i have thier chipstack more than doubled but not so much when they r the big stack agaist my lil stack cause the will call with ne thing.AA scares me when i get called by a donks 710 or some sheet like that.

justinx

justinx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fish = easy, soft, no clue

donk = maniac, some clue but either no patience or just plays for bingo thrills, stupid but dangerous

therefore,

fish .....good, tourny or cash

donks......good and bad
bad for tourney as they can ruin you, but can also be good cause you can take all their chips with the right hand.....

and always good for cash games cause they always give up the chips in the end

absolutely agree with yo
i really don't like donks because they sometimes win by lottery and
when i lost with stupid play,it made me crazy :(

imasquare

imasquare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
overall i think the more fish the better, although you might have to adjust your play for them, in which i had some problems where i kept trying to bluff a calling station (worse than a fish) and thats one of the things you should never do, but ive been working on that bad habit , but i would always prefer to play against a fish.

jovoga

jovoga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish is very good for my game.
I am only beginner at online poker, but I very quickly found this fish steps.
One time I have played with 9 fishes at 1 table and I earn big pot after 6 rounds.
4 players were eliminated after this rounds.
After next 3 players mainly go to ALL with small quantity of chips and bad cards.
I have AA and win - Totally 7 player ware out of game quickly and easy, lol.

I like fish.

Janon

Janon

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
if you ever play a tourney from the begining to the end. you see the drop in how many fish there are in the tourney and if you cant really tell the difference, you might be a fish yourself :p jk but yeah playing with alot of fish is fun you usually get max profit when you have your made hand which you dont really get from a good player. they do call alot so i dont bluff too much when im around them :p

RoyalFish

RoyalFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You may loose to a fish in the short term... but in the long run you will take all there money. So get it before someone else does lol

I completely agree with this, though there's a bankroll management edge to pay attention to. Fish increase your variance. If you're playing above your BR, the times the fish suck out can kill you long before their inevitable mistakes end up in your bankroll. That's where I'm getting killed now trying to move up. I'm losing when people make boneheaded calls or bets (All in with a flush draw on the river, I know I have you beat and you probably won't make the flush, then you do). The hands you know are winners if you get to run them 1000 times, but don't have the BR to run 1000 times.

RF

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When people refer to "fish" are they strictly referring to ultra aggressive maniacs? I think there are a variety of fish that you can take advantage of:

Maniacs: If you have said "fish" covered, give them bad odds to draws and otherwise just play normal straightforward poker (no bluffing, no slow playing though c-bets are fine). If they have you covered, you're probably going to have to revert to playing very tight and if they get lucky, hey, this is poker we're talking about.

Weak tight players: Steal, steal, steal! You need to be able to identify these people and you need the ability to lay down good hands but once you can do this, your bubble play gets a whole lot better.

this site is full of info. way too many fish too learn about have to go back to school . but really they are part of online poker and u have to feel out the table for a while before u make some moves it usually dont take long to find them and like said in previous posts stay away from multiple people in the big pots with ? able over pairs cause some fish is there waiting with 2/8 off
but in long term stay true to a solid game and u shall get rid of the fish.

I

invader2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't see why people don't like playing vs fish, they may not be fun to play against but they build ur bankroll$$

hrussel17

hrussel17

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I like usualy 1 player to be desent and all rest to be fish since you can just keep taking from the fishes... Than the 1 player that is desent once you take him out you doubled your chip stack, and created more fear for the fishys,:D :D Usually i can win alot when that happens since i always knock the guy im facing out unless its heads up, (For some weird reason)