First Live MTT tommorow! Any tips?

Flayst

Flayst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoyed reading your recap. It definitely sounds like your patience won the day for you. Once you get down to around 8BB it can start getting nerve-wracking, even when you have an easy push with the best hand you have to sweat your chances of getting beat anyway. That "Funny Hand" sounds like you really got under his skin, and that "Let's Flip" comment I have seen so many times, even once when it was KK vs J9o - "Man, I can't win a coinflip to save my life." Errrmmmm, that wasn't even close to 50%, heh. Bravo!

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoyed reading your recap. It definitely sounds like your patience won the day for you. Once you get down to around 8BB it can start getting nerve-wracking, even when you have an easy push with the best hand you have to sweat your chances of getting beat anyway. That "Funny Hand" sounds like you really got under his skin, and that "Let's Flip" comment I have seen so many times, even once when it was KK vs J9o - "Man, I can't win a coinflip to save my life." Errrmmmm, that wasn't even close to 50%, heh. Bravo!

Nice to hear you enjoyed reading it :) It is indeed nerve-wracking once you get short knowing you have to make your move soon and my tournament life will be at risk. It was funny indeed, i was like flip? wot? Oh well thanks, thank you for your chips sir. :D

EA2USN

EA2USN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kept patient while others were picking up monsters. I finally got a hand (A9) open it UTG hoping i would get some respect but 2 people called and then someone jammed. Ez fold.

Well done in your 1st live tournament. Just a side note A9, suited or not is not a playable hand UTG.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the cash Mat, well done sir for your first time to a live game but we obv all know you were probably the best player in the field and probably have played more poker than any of them or all of them combined.

Also live poker is so much fun don't ya think?

PokerFunKid

PokerFunKid

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done in your 1st live tournament. Just a side note A9, suited or not is not a playable hand UTG.

Thanks :) I wouldn't normally, I was totally card dead and was expecting some respect for my UTG open, the first hand i've opened in 75 minutes.

Congrats on the cash Mat, well done sir for your first time to a live game but we obv all know you were probably the best player in the field and probably have played more poker than any of them or all of them combined.

Also live poker is so much fun don't ya think?

Thanks Dave! Tbh i think i really was the best player in the field (Atleast the players i've played against). They were all super loose and some spots i was thinking what the hell are they doing lol. It was lots of fun for sure, defo going to play live again later this year. Most poker? I'm not sure hehe, there was a older man on my left probably around the age of 60-70 ;)

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nicely done, Sir Mat!

I'm still waiting to hear how you open shoved ~30bbs from MP with A9o. :eek: :eek: :) :)

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on the 3rd place!
Nice for your first time live experience:)

Organize a Home Poker Game Poker Tips