Final table

G

GeorgeCarlin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play in the final table of the tournament, when blinds are big, do the push/fold strategy is the best in that situation ???

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
max like 20BB min like 8BB 6BB if you are waiting for someone to bust out before you.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have it depends on the stack, if the stack is small, then click / collapse, if I'm a chip leader, then I try to put pressure on my opponents 3Bet.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If at the final table your stack is less than 10BB, then the optimal strategy is push / fold. In this situation, you can not allow the blinds to pass through you. You can get away from the push / fold strategy when the stack size goes up to 20+ big blinds.

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My game at the final table depends a lot on the stack

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really gotta play each hand hand by hand. See how the action before you goes then decide what to do.

Understand how the guys to your left play. The worst situation are guys who will call off half their stack with garbage. It's good for you when you come up with a real hand and they will double you up. But most times you are gonna have to shove with marginal stuff and hope people fold. When you got guys who will call with crap like Q8os, your A3 type hands are very vulnerable.

polote21

polote21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends your position on the table and the amount of chips you have, if you are the leader in chips stay firm and only play good hands "do not lose your chips" if you are in the middle position and try to get chips to the chip leader, in the other positions he plays aggressive and avoids the chip leader.

DANQA

DANQA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunately, very rarely can get to the final table, but each time the game is better

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to evaluate that in terms of what type of players are with you in that final table.

J

joksic7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends your position on the table and the amount of chips you have, if you are the leader in chips stay firm and only play good hands "do not lose your chips"

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the stack ...
If big - then press your opponent ...
If a little .. - then you will be crushed ...)))))
:dancing2:

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to let my stack get below an amount that can seriously effect most of the other stacks. I don't want to lose my fold equity. Sometimes this idea helps me rather than the if you are around 10BB shove idea as sometimes the blinds are so high at final table that everyone is short stacked.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to play in the final table of the tournament, when blinds are big, do the push/fold strategy is the best in that situation ???

push / fold strategy - often underestimated by players. After all, betting on the whole stack has a good fold equity. You will be able to steal blind bets much more reliably, simply by making a solid raise preflop. In doing so, you prevent the villains from making bluffs and semi-bluff reraises and tri-bets, leaving them no room for maneuver. They can only accept your push or throw their cards. ;)

Of course, it's worth considering the stack sizes of your opponents - it's not often to bluff a player with a very large stack, and very small. Both can / are forced to play a very wide range of hands. :cool: