Feels so Good to be Beat xD

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been on win streak since coming back playing poker, left on a win streak also
I am one of those people that knows everything(doesn't always listen) and have been playing the game competitively for 20 years.
My ego had become so big that it started bleeding into other aspects of my game.
Especially because of what I do to small stakes players.
Joined about 225$ of 25$ HI5 events with my ego
I was put in my place yesterday.
I lost 14/15 flips
had opponent all in on a flush draw and caught 3/3
I got destroyed and could see how i was making great calls and getting runner runnered
but making usually great spot bluffs into the opponents NUTS 4/4

I don't care how good you are
Luck still decides whos the best some days and reminds us to keep getting better

I suck at poker and am still learning 20 years in
Can't capitalize on fold equity if everyone is going all in eh, gotta play variance

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to analyze your mistakes so as not to repeat them. It may be a leak from you that, if you don't fix it, will return when you feel confident again. GL GL

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to analyze your mistakes so as not to repeat them. It may be a leak from you that, if you don't fix it, will return when you feel confident again. GL GL

I noticed I was allowing myself to play hands I normally wouldn't due to playing weak players. like Queens and under shouldnt be callin all ins unless committed.
Lots of holes in my game right now but I'm patching them up quickly and get ready for the Venom (wish for entry):icon_sant

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker variance is difficult blinds rise forcing the action waiting for AA and folding QQ type hands preflop you will just be blinded out most of the time especially in later stages of these tournaments when blinds and antes tear your stack apart on a few orbits,
bluffing too much is a bad idea as nobody folds a 30% equity spot the majority of the time anywhere it seems even if tournament life is at risk in these HI5 and other events.
I am starting to think even if I cash for a million dollars this year I will still be down a few grand overall after buy ins and rake costs are considered.
Beats and luck are big factors in deciding these large field events and winners.

Last edited:
AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker variance is difficult blinds rise forcing the action waiting for AA and folding QQ type hands preflop you will just be blinded out most of the time especially in later stages of these tournaments when blinds and antes tear your stack apart on a few orbits,
Bluffing too much is a bad idea as nobody folds a 30% equity spot the majority of the time anywhere it seems even if tournament life is at risk in these HI5 and other events.
I am starting to think even if I cash for a million dollars this year I will still be down a few grand overall after buy ins and rake costs are considered.
Beats and luck are big factors in deciding these large field events and winners.
Youre exactly right Blair but I heard of a guy who went to the wsop in 93 and won 3 bracelets in 1 year.
He wrote a book still in this mtt gto mentality about limit holdem and about the wsop that year highlighting his errors in limit the previous.
Get this book Blair now like its some ancient biblical scripture.
When I DID what he told me to play like in the NBC headsup championship qualifier..
I Crushed fields after fields of opponents with 1 LIFE and even fold pocket KKs preflop without ever investing a chip and WAS RIGHT!Have most the chips before the FT
ONE might get sent to Las Vegas to play Chris Ferguson Heads Up as their first match
Their most definitley is a way past variance
Ever see anyone get 2 firsts in the same day besides ME?
Hullmuth was really good at folding alot and then picking his spots in 93 he realized he could increase his aggression during the bubble play and really show variance a stack of chips it can play with.
With modern players being far more loose and

the standard opponent is to raise with his draw to get equity? lol
So we find ourselves in a predicament of having to "PLAY" this lottery game with opponents
as the favorite of course 82% lets say
but its your only life
and theres a million mfers
its not possible to win is it ?
when you think of it like this Blair it is hopeless what everyone is doing
I heard Lederer at a MTT Game and he hadnt been dealt a hand in days his only goal to WIN the whole thing was to steal the blinds 1 time per orbit if he could accomplish that he would FT for sure.
He did for days

"smallball thats all that crap was steal the blinds cbet *cross fingers Negreanu wrote a whole book on it lol
We dont want a showdown EVER even if i got aces you just want the pot and you dont want any aggression from anyone.
The goal is to be the chipleader without actually having a knockout or showdown

I am now starting to get it back but I am pretty decent at the actual poker part if its not a bluff, which is my folly ego. inducing variance in turn.
If you never played your aces or anything until it was your time you picked to bluff would your opponents believe you
and then what are the %s we run after that?:rolleyes:
I don't count outs
I dont run percents
I dont check pot odds
I dont count how many of
I do check SPR and PFR and how much is that preflop pot compared to my stack
I bluff then I rebluff wait and wait bluff again wait catch him bluffing by rebluffing!!

You know hugh.................. Poker is all about the bluff-Sam farha
wsop main he flopped fullhouse called an allin on the flop and he was turn and rivered:mad:
It's so hard and you know you see my rails everytime 96% I lose I go with a premium hand not a bluff but AA against AJ into FTs
no one on earth bluffs like me
my ego was and is my biggest problem, dont let it be yours hugh

I just am poor in real life I like to withdraw,have no job and thats why im shooting for the moon.
Made my first deposit lol(true) and went for the SHR lol
Hugh mabey we can help eachother
I'm a horse that doesn't want to be turned into glue due to variance and everybody being Great at the game
I dont want to go PRO anymore
I want money now and poker owes me

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6ffbd0a83e7b3b92150683e3e53dbc0e.png