Feeling done when I entered the ITM.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How I change my mind like I did my purpose on MTT when I'm ITM. any advice will be appreciatedthanks

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I would recommend is that no matter what situation you are in, take 10-15 minutes off from the tournament. If you're giving up already then 10-15 minutes won't be much different. Then say to yourself, "Ok, I'm starting a brand new tournament now" and see if that helps.

Or maybe you just aren't greedy enough.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How I change my mind like I did my purpose on MTT when I'm ITM. any advice will be appreciatedthanks
If you find yourself running out of patience in a long tourney, switch up to Multi-table sit and gos.
The game is shorter but still has that tourney feel.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I would recommend is that no matter what situation you are in, take 10-15 minutes off from the tournament. If you're giving up already then 10-15 minutes won't be much different. Then say to yourself, "Ok, I'm starting a brand new tournament now" and see if that helps.

Yeah. I'll switch my mind to it, like its starting new tourney right after the bubble period.thanks

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it can be exhausting to play a long time and then finally get to the money and be like "ok, i'm done". Just taking a little time to yourself and not worrying about playing for a few moments will help. One will see a lot of players just wanted to cash and they will disappear quickly. The players that are left are the good/solid players and the "lucky" ones. It will be like a brand new game but your focus needs to be the same. Lucky players will have the luck run out. The good players should make you play overall better.

C

concoman710

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is easy to get complacent once you reach the money because some people enjoy the ride fin the beginning hours of the MTT because it is fresh and exciting to you. You need to stop and ask yourself why you are playing in the first place.

Do you play recreationally or seriously? If it's all about the money you need to realize that getting in the money is basically a consolation prize towards the bottom of the list. The real money is at the top of the prize pool. The top 3 places pain in an MTT are around 50% of the entire pool. That is a lot of money you can't leave on the table.

Play your best and try to pretend that you just started once you get in the money. Tyr to build that excitement and will to win back up.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play your favorite song,,,music always puts me in a good frame of mind. :boxing:

O

Oleg196

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there is excitement on the bubble, it's best to get distracted. I open shorter and cheaper tournaments. And I switch attention to them.

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IMO making the money shouldn't be the goal of an MTT player... it is but a step along the way.

At many tables the bubble is a great time to be building your stack for a deep run in the tournament - so this is one of the more exciting parts of tournaments for me!

As with any other part of the tournament, if you are struggling, you can always play patiently - playing a tighter range with only solid cards will get you very far in low-stakes MTTs, but if you want to win more, you must be willing to mix it up too.

You will win a lot more money if you shift your focus towards making FT's and finishing in one of the top 3 places, since this is where most of your profit will come from in the long-run.

Good luck to you! :D

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you get ITM its time to start stealing those blinds/antes against people trying to ladder up so put on some upbeat music and focus. Once I get in the money I quit registering for new tournies as well to focus on that one especially if I have a very playable stack.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thank you for this..its a major problem with me! thanks

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sounds like a rabbit in a track race. Many times , to set a world record, a runner or several runners will run a pace impossible for them to keep up for the whole race. If the person they are pacing for, gets the record, they feel they have done their job. Here, you feel you have done your job getting into the money, what after three hours of play? And if it takes 6 hours of play to win, but it is 1100pm and you have to be up for work at 500am. Yea, I think someone who does not have work in the morning has an easier time staying up 3 more hours to win a tournament than you will. Congrats on making it ITM, sometimes that is our goal for that game.