Fear

nyjah0

nyjah0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind. Fold and live to fold again.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't be afraid to exhibit on the stack if you're playing against the aggressor, wait for the moment when he will make mistakes and begin to merge

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are playing with fear than you need to pick a new game, plain and simple.

I would first try to ask myself why am I afraid? Is there a good reason to think that based on the action that I am beat? If so, fold. Otherwise I may make it an exercise to start playing back at those trying to bully me. You may get into trouble a few times but you should see your opponents become more selective if you are playing real hands.

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have fear when playing against agressive players and I fold almost all the time when these players re raise even with good hands as AK AQ KQ JA TA ,what about you do you have fear of these agressive guys?

In order to stop fearing such guys basically you should know what you are doing. That is you should know:
* how to play against aggressive players
* how to play these specific types of hands (they are of different types which are played differently - AK and AQ are quite strong, AJ and AT are considered to belong to "weak aces" group, KQ is broadway card)

These topics are usually covered extensively in many poker-related books so you should spend necessary amount of time studying.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After awhile with experience,that fear is replaced with excitement,at the anticipation of getting that person`s chips.I love these guys,it`s just a matter of time,just be aware of him until it`s time to take him out.:girl:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the really aggressive players. If (and that's a big IF) I happen to be having a good day and am getting some reasonable cards and some reasonable luck, I try to make a killing off these guys. It's so easy to play against someone as predictable as a super aggressive and loose player.

Just let them dig the grave, then nudge them in. Above all, get all of the money in the middle with any good hand.

These are the only guys that I make a written note of and search for their tables so I can hopefully catch them while they're still on a high.

But, don't try to bluff them as that will simply be a waste of time and money.

BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Elton.

You simply cannot afford to fear anyone in a game of poker. Some people may be aggressive, but are you going to whimper out each time you come up against a challenge?

A couple of things to remember are:
Firstly. These aggressive players are merely human....just like you and I. However, they just play poker to win. This is how you should play. Don't play to limp through to minimum cash play to win the tournament.

Secondly. Take time to have a think about what cards your aggressive opponents have when you come up against them. Also, start considering not just your cards, but also things including position, position, position. Why position? Cos that's far more important than your cards or theirs!

Give it a go!

Good luck

BB

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oscar wild have too much phrases that are actual for nowadays and his advices are really good, thanks BentleyBoy

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fear is a bad poker adviser as well as all the remaining emotions, you have to stay calm, and you have to play your own game

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hands like those you can always call a big raise. Make them show their thrash. They can't always have a good hand. Everyone gets a good run but it ends. You do have to be willing to lose to get chips.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't fear any player. Your fear factor will reduce as you, continue to play... Don't panic.....

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I go in with the minimum table limits when I see guys like this at the table. So i don' lose so much when they win with their any 2 card maniac style.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get scared over time they will detect this and you will certainly be exploited for it.

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started, my goal was to win. I hated to lose, so I feared these aggressive guys - I wanted to play safe.

Then I realized that I need to learn sooooooooo much before I'll start to win :)
I changed my goal. Now my goal is to learn.
I play stakes I could afford to lose.
No more fear cause I am learning in any case - whether I win or lose.