Fastest way to build on a 200$ Roll?

Airburn

Airburn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'v just used my 2500$ roll for car/gym membership and gym instructer course and a nice vacation with my gf.

all Iv got left is 200$
I want to get it back to were it was and beyond, whats the fastest way to do it, I play alot of things but mainly long MTT's,
unfortountly I Dont have time for them now =(
and I understand SNG's are faster and more effective.
whats the best most proven way to build a roll and fast with not alot of variance aka Hyper but dosent take hours to finish - what SNG's exacly should I play? 1 table? 180? 360 whats the best ones?
I play on pokerstars

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don's are low variance and eash cash once you get the hang of em

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO don't focus to build fast, this will probably cause the opposite effect. Essentially stick with the approach that got you to a 2.5k roll to begin with, obviously it worked and although might have taken some time it's better to take the time to get there then to not get there at all.

If time is the issue, best approach might be to transition to the cash games where you can put in a 2 hour session here and there. Hypers can work but are certainly high varience so best approach would be super high volume with a super nitty brm if playing the hypers.

Again cash would be a great way to go, a 200$ br you can well be rolled for 10nl at a 20bi brm or for more comfort a 5nl 40bi roll and remember volume is key.

Of course this all depends on what you enjoy most and if you don't play cash games much if you have the time to put in to grind them out and learn the ropes etc. Just my thoughts.

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don's are low variance and eash cash once you get the hang of em

pokerstars don't have DON's, they have Fifty50 which quite different IMO and although can be profitable I would just play sng's over the Fifty50.

sickpuppy

sickpuppy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo i wood go with sng dblups with less time to play mtt thats were i wood head

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are several different routes that will get you there reasonably fast.

Personally I'd tend more toward 6 man sit n gos and hypers if youre any good at them. they are high variance but if you put in volume and use good BRM they should get you through the levels pretty fast

Also heads up is worth considering only if you are already well versed in it.

The key to whatever you go with is just to put in the volume

Airburn

Airburn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are several different routes that will get you there reasonably fast.

Personally I'd tend more toward 6 man sit n gos and hypers if youre any good at them. they are high variance but if you put in volume and use good BRM they should get you through the levels pretty fast

Also heads up is worth considering only if you are already well versed in it.

The key to whatever you go with is just to put in the volume

Dont you find the Hypers harded because of the high variance?
I played the 1$ Hyper 180 Today and found it very very high variance and exciting at the same time - I had good success on them today,
but Woundering if you must run good to win those... They are kinda crazy and wild lol people are just shoving left and right with any ace

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like multi table hypers
I play 6 man turbos and hyper turbos though

Abedin120

Abedin120

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You can try by playing one table sit&goes( 6 max, double-up etc.), or if you are good heads up player, than you can try by playing heads-up sit&goes. Also you can try and playing sit&goes with 18 players, but for my opinion the best and easiest for getting some cash are double-up and heads-up sit&goes.
Good Luck.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you bought a car, a gym membership , paid a personal trainer then went on vacation and you still have 200$ left!?

You're good!

And i cant offer any advice other thrn stick to what got you there in the first place .

zveri666

zveri666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a 200$ bankroll id play the $2.50 180 man turbos and $1.50 45 man turbos. They both last under 2 hours so it should be fairly easy to fit them in your schedule.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I lost like 150 USD before I found a way to spread my bankroll on pokerstars .Playing hyper 6 place low and micro tables requires less time but lots of luck and skill. However after like 3 months found out that every wednesday there is taken regularly tournaments like 1,10 shot-outs etc and twice in month there is turbo night - where you can for so little as 0,25 USD if you beat 400 ppl get 100 USD. Also you can play hyper SNG for 180 players (buy-in 1 USD) - today cost me 3 dollars to get better reward - first got out 30th (27 position), second - got out 25th -1,06 USD and than on third time I got after 55 minutes of play out on 3rd place earning myself nice 18,67 USD. Also every day at 12:00 and 13:00 CET 1,10 USD buyin multi-table tournaments where it isnt so difficult to get to final table... Yesterday made 86 USD and today 20 USD.... yet during years I invested over 400 USD to poker and roulette and I am too trying to get it back... now have a chance...

C

cotta777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
non turbo sit n go's
60-70 buy ins
6 - 9 and 18 man it will soon rack up
as long a your doing everything you should be doing

there are always cash tables aswell you have the added benifit of finding bad players

zegaum

zegaum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As Mr cited above, be wary of the rush to increase the bank fast. The most important is to keep a good bankroll management, and continually grow ...
Recommend tournaments 45/90 players, regular. Have less variance.

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your best option would be to play big gtd mtts with low buy ins and to also satty into bigger games. You say you don't have time for those so I guess that is not an option. Just go to the sngs and find a type of game you like and can make a lot of money in.

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As Mr cited above, be wary of the rush to increase the bank fast. The most important is to keep a good bankroll management, and continually grow ...
Recommend tournaments 45/90 players, regular. Have less variance.

That is a great idea since he has experience with mtts but does not have the time to play long ones.

topper39

topper39

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fastest way would be definitely to register to 200$ HUSNG hyperturbo ;).
If you're looking for more safe way, I can recommend 1$ hyper turbo 180mans. 200$ seems to be sufficient roll and it can be very profitable.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you (zegaum) means exactly by variance... - I dont understand what you mean... Thank you for explanation :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'v just used my 2500$ roll for car/gym membership and gym instructer course and a nice vacation with my gf.

all Iv got left is 200$
I want to get it back to were it was and beyond, whats the fastest way to do it, I play alot of things but mainly long MTT's,
unfortountly I Dont have time for them now =(
and I understand SNG's are faster and more effective.
whats the best most proven way to build a roll and fast with not alot of variance aka Hyper but dosent take hours to finish - what SNG's exacly should I play? 1 table? 180? 360 whats the best ones?
I play on pokerstars
If you previously had a roll of $2,500 (poker bankroll I'm assuming as you mention you want to 'get it back to where it was & beyond') then one would assume you've played a fair bit and would already have an idea at what games you personally excel in or figure you have an edge in. How could anyone else have a better idea than you'd have yourself?
If you're formerly an MTT player but no longer have the time then one might figure that playing MTT-SNG would be the way to go ( but how much 'time' is not enough time?).

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could try playing the big 2,20, it a good tournament, and very good prices. If you hit a very good tournament, you can win around 100$. The only thing is that maybe is a bit too much for your bank, but you can spend fpps on sattelites.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well 200$ thats all? first all SnG, 5.50$. It is pretty good up 50$ or 100$. then go 10$+1. blah blah

Airburn

Airburn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you previously had a roll of $2,500 (poker bankroll I'm assuming as you mention you want to 'get it back to where it was & beyond') then one would assume you've played a fair bit and would already have an idea at what games you personally excel in or figure you have an edge in. How could anyone else have a better idea than you'd have yourself?
If you're formerly an MTT player but no longer have the time then one might figure that playing MTT-SNG would be the way to go ( but how much 'time' is not enough time?).

I used to have alot of free hours so I was able to play Regular/Slow MTT's which you guys know can take up to 8-10 hours
Unfourtently, now I dont have that time due to a new job,
and I never played alot of SNG's so Im asking for the more EXP People in that area whats the best ones to play to increase my roll
, Pokerstars has alot of them and I want to make sure im investing my short amount of time with the best chance to increase my roll fast
Today I played some 180 Hyper Turbos with good success and some 1table turbo for now it seems to be going good, I think the hyper ones are just crazy and you have to run good to play those

So you bought a car, a gym membership , paid a personal trainer then went on vacation and you still have 200$ left!?

You're good!

And i cant offer any advice other thrn stick to what got you there in the first place .

lol I didnt buy a new car , just fixed my old crappy one =)

and thanks everybody for the advice , Im now exploring all options and trying new SNG's

Last edited:
D

dumpy620_84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the 180 man sit n go's are the best way to go in my opinion. Just grind them out. Or play micro heads up and set a goal. Like you want to win $5 a day. Do that 10 days in a row and you got $50. $10 a day and you got $100.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What the last comment sahs but sngs are like a small mtt+33% of the field gets paid