Facing raise with nuts micro Zoom

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Zoom 0.01/0.02, if I've bet at least one other street and bet again on the river with the nuts or second nuts and then get raised, is there any reason why I shouldn't be re-raise shoving my whole stack or is there ever a time where a smaller re-raise is better? I just figure that if I have the nuts and they have already raised, either:

(a) they were bluffing and are folding to any re-raise

(b) they are seeing the hand through regardless of any re-raises, so I should try to get maximum value.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
YMMV here depending on your opponent's holdings and playing style. If they are bluffing, you may actually get another re-raise in response to your min-raise. If they believe they have the best hand, they may jam in response. If they have a weak hand they may fold or they may try to bluff.

It's microstakes lowest level, so I don't expect sophisticated plays from villains in this spot. If it's an aggro villain a shove will probably work. If it's a decent reg then you may get better value from a smaller re-raise

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I don't have any prior reads on the player I mostly shove. If they fold it's fine, you get them later. If they don't, you just won a really big pot that could give you enough stack to put pressure on everyone else.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would raise for maximum value.

Even if you raise a low value, they may fold anyhow, so u might as well shove. It will produce the same result anyway, they will fold, or it will give you a pleasant surprise, they call your nut shove, which will push their chips in your direction for the win.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My view is getting another 5-10 BB is better than getting another 0 BB. Go for a re-raise, but not all-in and not min either. You don't want it to seem like you want them to call.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would put in a raise. At such low stakes, ABC poker is generally your best strategy.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing Zoom 0.01/0.02, if I've bet at least one other street and bet again on the river with the nuts or second nuts and then get raised, is there any reason why I shouldn't be re-raise shoving my whole stack or is there ever a time where a smaller re-raise is better? I just figure that if I have the nuts and they have already raised, either:

(a) they were bluffing and are folding to any re-raise

(b) they are seeing the hand through regardless of any re-raises, so I should try to get maximum value.

best to type out an actual Hand History. Without knowing how deep our effective stacks are vs. the size of the pot (& even previous play of hand up to that point), it's difficult to say exactly what to do. Obviously we're trying to maximize our wins... how do we do so in 'this spot'... 'It Depends!' (write out the details & hopefully you'll get better responses)

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In micro Zoom, players tend to bluff more. My play is min raise to win a bit more (and wish my opponent thinks I'm bluffing) rather than make opponents fold to an all-in nut reraise.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In micro Zoom, players tend to bluff more. My play is min raise to win a bit more (and wish my opponent thinks I'm bluffing) rather than make opponents fold to an all-in nut reraise.
Really? I find the opposite in 888 Snap micro, there are rarely agros that overbluff. It's mostly ABC donks that connect with the flop with any two. Or if not on the flop, then they stick around to catch something on the turn that makes them stay the course.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
On the river is the last chance to get maximum value. I would not be holding back for the most part.