Facing All in situation with KK on the bubble

L

Lisapeter81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your in tournament n there's 1 player to go out before your guaranteed a prize n u get called all in n u have KK what do you do? Live another day or do u call?

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you have some kind of amazing read always being willing to go all-in with KK.

L

Lisapeter81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do but 9 times outta 10 I bloody lose arrghh ffs lol getting bit fed up now really. These bingo players that are spoiling it I reckon. But guess its poker for ya. :confused::mad::eek::eek:

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 player to go out before your guaranteed a prize

This should never be a factor in deciding in your game. If so you are going to miss too many spots. What if its 5 people our of the money, are you still waiting. Min cashes will never keep you +ROI very long.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Insta all-in for me. I busted out of the largest tourney I ever played and with pretty decent prize pools (first place was over $22K USD before I busted) (and freerolled into no less) getting my KK all in pre flop and they had AA. I was bummed but have no regrets and 10/10 would play it the same way over and over in that spot.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a similar situation, I had QQ on the BTN. I was 3rd or 4th in chips and like 3 ppl away from the bubble. Dude shoves. I had him covered so I go over the top. But then SB shoves too and I was like uh oh.

He had KK.

I lost that hand, took me down to less than 2 BBs. Went from good chance of cashing to busting out with nothing.

If I had to do it over again, I would probably still do it... but it does hurt when you go for it and lose.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your in tournament n there's 1 player to go out before your guaranteed a prize n u get called all in n u have KK what do you do? Live another day or do u call?

I would always call all in with KK no matter what the situation. It hurts to get beat but you can't regret going for it especially with the second best hand in hold'em

Have play to win the tournament and not just about finishing in the money.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is just a regular tournament that I bought into I will go with it.

If this is a satellite where only x people get a seat and there are several small stacks fixing to bust I may fold this. OK, I wouldn't but sometimes an argument can be made for folding in big satellites?

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to have a good read. If I just got moved to the table, I would let the kings go.

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play well, not making mistakes. KK:ridinghor course I'll go. :)

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kk

idk why buy 90% of the time i had a pocket hand of kk i ended up losing. i have better luck with pocket queens. so with that said although its a great hand id probably fold

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If just that one player, absolutely that would be an instant call.
If 3 or 4 callers......humm??? tough choice...... that would depend on the feeling in my gut at that moment.

FYI, last week I had AA on the button and had an allin preflop, I called and I was busted by a damn flopped set. But that is poker for Ya. :confused::eek::heeeellll

n1nja

n1nja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder what to do with :kd4::ks4:, I think that we do not have to rush to throw all in. Played today at high stakes. I fell down on :kd4::ks4:, I gave a little raise, everyone went to the pass, except for one. On the flop, cards that were safe for me fell :10h4::4d4::6s4: , I gave a raise of 3 BB, and here it is interesting, my opponent went to all-in, and here I am not thinking in the same way all in. After that I saw his cards :4s4::ah4:. I thought that I had already won, but fell on the turn :4h4:, and on the river fell :as4:. It turned out my :kd4::ks4: against his fullhouse. I lost my stack and dropped out of the tournament. This is a completely unfulfilled story.

Drewha

Drewha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll fold, fold, fold. I'll still see KK being in the prize zone. In tournaments I do not expect high odds of preflop. I'll fold.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two times I was busted with KK and one with AA in bubble. Never again!!! So I learned my lesson—-FOLD!!!!!!!!!

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in, you have more chances, one on one, the chance that he has an А of 1 to 13, and then that on the river there will be an А of 3 to 52

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he does not take the chance, who will give a guarantee that he will fold, and will play 4-5 rounds again, who will guarantee that his next hand will not be AA or AK

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
even if he folds, you move at least 10 positions in front, let others take off, as a rule if one makes all in, another takes off, if you have about the same chips, remember, he also does not want to risk

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do but 9 times outta 10 I bloody lose arrghh ffs lol getting bit fed up now really. These bingo players that are spoiling it I reckon. But guess its poker for ya. :confused::mad::eek::eek:
But those micro tourneys are fun when the cards are holding up, those bingo players have a specific play style, wreckless.

S

SomeOtherDude69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Without a read I would call anytime.

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a good 30 seconds and bet everything in your stack but 11 chips (psychological warfare). Inferring you have AA. Sick move, no? :)

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on which tournament it is, but in most cases I would go all in.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The simple answer is you call with KK, but you really should consider the icm, its one thing if the player going out has 1 chip and will be anted out, and its another thing if you will hit the blinds before the short stack and get blinded out.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to go all in with KK otherwise I can't respect myself! :)

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Lisapeter81, It kinda depends on your chip stack. If you had a big stack then the easy choice is to go all in. Now lets say you have a average stack , I would say go for the all-in because it's better to take the risk to double up when you get a strong hand like that.Lastly, if you had a low stack then I would probably fold that hand because 8 out of 10 times if you go all in with KKs you'll lost your hand to the other player because they sucked out on you.This way if you are short stack then after you get "IN THE MONEY" you can play more aggressive and try to double up. Hope that helps