Explanation of Call and Raise Conditions on Poker Odds Chart

P

PGL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi folks

Sincere apologies if this has been asked before, but I could not find a post, and I am new to this website.

I am in search of an explanation of the Call and Raise conditions in the poker odds Chart in the "Poker for Dummies" section of the website.

1) Firstly, am I correct in saying the Poker odds Chart applies to Pre-Flop situations?

2) Looking at the Poker Odds Chart, if I am holding a pair of J's and there have been a raise and re-raise ahead of me (RR), the chart indicates "C>4" regardless of what seat position I am sitting in - what does "C>4", and the other Call conditions, actually mean?

3) Similarly, if I am holding a pair of 9's, and no-one has raised yet (NR), the chart indicates "R<2" regardless of what seat position I am sitting in - what does "R<2", and the other Raise conditions, actually mean?

Many thanks!

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey. I have the same questions, but I thought to look for answers later.
For 1) This is similar to a preflop recommendation.
For 2) Your position is indicated above, as UTG (3) / UTG + 1 (4) / CO(5 )/Button (6)/ SB small blind(1)/ BB big blind (2).
You should know what this means. Under the position actions are indicated in front of you NR/R/RR. <2 or > 4 I think these are the pot odds. They should be better than indicated to call or not create better chances for the opponent to raise.
For 3) It's same question like 2.
I hope that some of the experienced members will give us a full explanation.

P

PGL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. I have the same questions, but I thought to look for answers later.
For 1) This is similar to a preflop recommendation.
For 2) Your position is indicated above, as UTG (3) / UTG + 1 (4) / CO(5 )/Button (6)/ SB small blind(1)/ BB big blind (2).
You should know what this means. Under the position actions are indicated in front of you NR/R/RR. <2 or > 4 I think these are the pot odds. They should be better than indicated to call or not create better chances for the opponent to raise.
For 3) It's same question like 2.
I hope that some of the experienced members will give us a full explanation.

Hi Coinuss

Thanks for your response. As you have also said, it would be great if some experienced members could please explain the Poker Odds Chart. From what I have read elsewhere on the website it appears that the numbers in the Call/Raise conditions relate to the number of players involved in the hand, and do not relate to pot odds. Eitherway I am still confused, so some direction would be great!

P

PGL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone else out there who can help??

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator