Experience Vs Study

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that a person with experience will defeat a theoretical player. Because a person with experience learns from his mistakes and analyzes his hands. One who studies the theory, he will constantly analyze other people's mistakes, but not his own.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the study is very important but until some time .. at some point in your career as a poker player you will not need to study because you have studied before .. I doubt that the player needs to spend 5 hours a day studying for the rest of his life. I have seen some youtubes saying that they study 3 or 4 hours a day several times a week and personally I do not believe anything, I think what a player can do is review annotations or watch some video of strep to refresh some movements .. and I I would do it once a week at the most.

The experience is what gives you that criterion to make good decisions in different situations, there are too many situations that happen very rarely, you can spend a month and not see some situations of great difficulty, and many times you do not have a few seconds to take decision.

I think the experience is more important, because it is often better to know a certain player than to read a book .. if you are sure that a player is a bad player you can beat him in the short term .. but if you have no idea who is, he could win you at any time.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say experience - books can be very good but to learn, you need to be playing lots and lots of hands and have to react to a lot of different situations.

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The one who plays quality games has the edge but we should all be doing both.I think poker learning should be 80% playing the game 20% study maybe 70-30 could be good as well.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The experienced player. When we experience things in life the lessons we learn have a more lasting impression. For instance, when I was a toddler I stuck the tweezers in the outlet and blew the fuse. I knew from that day forward you shouldn't do that.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the fact of playing gives you an advantage the picardia gives you an intuition to decipher the possible hand that your opponent has when making a raise but poker has a lot of luck I think that the one who does not sit at a table will only go with premium hands and it will become predictable:ahhhhh: