Is emotion most important in playing poker ?

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you ever know ? if you call you will lose chips , but you still call , sober emotion is benefit for you , when having plan to approach final table , keep stability control emotion , that is crucial for winning journey . emotion ussually is different time by time how to keep stable emotion that is difficult . hope you get winning in playing poker .

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Emotional control along with patience and a game plan are paramount to winning the hand.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you ever know ? if you call you will lose chips , but you still call , sober emotion is benefit for you , when having plan to approach final table , keep stability control emotion , that is crucial for winning journey . emotion ussually is different time by time how to keep stable emotion that is difficult . hope you get winning in playing poker .

Ugh, that "if you call you will lose chips, but you still call" is relatable. Most of the time, my intuition/gut instinct is correct and I make the right play, but sometimes I am so sure I'm beat, but still pay them off. Why? Because I wasn't that sure.

Two pieces of advice from poker pros that helped me with this emotion for that spot:

1) Phil Ivey said in an interview once that he got better at poker by basically "feeling" out when he was beat but then calling anyway and he'd lose...that is where most people stop lol Phil Ivey then "remembered" that feeling and next time in that spot and in that feeling he would know to fold. He did that for pretty much EVERY spot and that is a big part of how he claims he worked on his poker. Said it was a learning process and controlling emotions that helped him get better - he said he NEVER played a "perfect poker session" because there are so many things to take into account and "I could have done this differently" etc.

2) Alec Torelli also have a tip that I find useful. When at the table, between the time I look at my hand and before the action gets to me: I begin thinking what to do BEFORE the action gets to me. I'll reason like, if this guy raises I'll fold, but this one I'll flat call if they open 3x or less, but this player I'll re-raise unless there is someone else entering the pot and so on...

That way, I already planned out what to do BEFORE getting involved in the hand. Torelli claims this works so well because there is no emotion BEFORE the hand, we can make objective decisions. It is only during the hand that we sometimes let emotions influence us. That is why the "correct decision" is sometimes so clear AFTER the hand - the pressure and emotion is gone!

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a positive attitude towards the game, being in a state of activity, balance and vigor, you will have the opportunity to win a decent amount of money. As long as you make an informed choice at the gaming table, you will earn good money.
In turn, your choice depends entirely on your mood. As an example, consider a player who loses over and over, comparing his play to the start period.
how to control emotions in poker
Sit down at the table, only being in a state of harmony and agreement with yourself. It is this mood that will help you increase your capital. Poker doesn't tolerate passivity. As with any competition, in poker you need to be extremely focused and always ready to fight. If your attention is riveted to life's problems, your chances of winning will melt like spring snow, because if a dangerous situation arises at the table, you simply will not be able to navigate and make an informed decision.

C

chadstrats

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Controlling emotion is imo highly valuable, especially in big tournaments.

Regie19

Regie19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already focus on it when I had a badbeat. I lost 80-90% stack.. before angry frustrated next hand All-in. now I will say that I will return to the original stack there, concentrate and get out of it many times. you really don't have to tilt, but play as best you can. example 10000 stack..bad beat .. I have 760..blinds 80/160 left..and soon I was above 7500..14100 above average. YES ..its possible:fight:

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at early stage emotions was heavily disturbed game quality especially on coolers after so many games emotion just retired))

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes self control and stay calming is huge in poker. When you freak out emotionally cant make good poker decisions .

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's very important to control feeling.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is very demanding on the players in terms of self-control and emotional stability. The mistakes made by the players through the fault of emotions are counted in the millions. Those who are unable to control their emotions will always lose to their cooler opponent.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Controlling your emotions during the game of poker is very important for the development of your game.:D

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Controlling emotion is vital to winning at poker. You don't have to be a robot who feels nothing when winning or losing big pots. But some emotions like anger at the tables are almost impossible to overcome.

A good rule of thumb: If you're heavily rooting for or against other players in spots where you're not in the hand (i.e. you don't win or lose equity either), that's a sign that you're probably too emotionally involved to be making the best possible decisions.