Embarrassed

G

gatinhoAK12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm more embarrassed than snake dating, I'm getting lost in poker studies, I can not understand odds, would there be any tips on how to organize poker studies?
:eek::nurse:

Daniel VanRiper

Daniel VanRiper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm more embarrassed than snake dating, I'm getting lost in poker studies, I can not understand odds, would there be any tips on how to organize poker studies?
:eek::nurse:
First thing, figure out how to run poker drills and you need to be able to record data in a way that will help you make decisions that will determine how you will play later. Once you have, move into some books and every time you come across some information that helps you, run some drills to prove that you understand what you have learned. GOOD LUCK[emoji31]

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like my posts are being negated because I have posted more than what it says and on different threads with different thoughts. On another note, I have been all in with some great hands only to be beaten by someone with a low nothing that rivers it all. I feel the pain.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Cardschat does a great job of segmenting out the various poker learning aspects. What you could do is start with Cardschat and, if you feel you need more, then go looking around, but at least you would have an organized method to learning.
https://www.cardschat.com/poker-strategy.php

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker theory

One thing is poker theory...playing is completely diferent ...my tip is prepare some decisions before taking a table...reraise/raise/call or fold.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
I would suggest you to focus in a fewer sites of learning
Here in Cardschat there are very good lesson on poker and this forum is great
to learn.
Keep an eye on it
Rgds

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few things for you. First how much are you actually playing because most of the stuff you are trying to learn you can learn from playing the game on a consistent basis in all honesty. Second, before you get into odds....do you know what cards you should be playing, what position you should be playing them in and what actions you should be taking as this is far more important than odds and a lot of the stuff poker schools tend to think is important. Last, piggy backing off of some of what I just said learn the basics and learn them well as this will put you ahead of about 50% of the people you will likely play against on a given day. A lot of people want to learn every single term and this or that and once they do they find out they "know" a lot about poker but cant actually play very well. Hope this helps.

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to read books, watch out for enemies and be calm.