Drive 'Em Out

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're assuming that the people you play against know a thing or two about poker.
You have a playable hand and the flop comes down with two of the same suit. You fear a flush and want to know how much to bet to drive them out. Betting half the pot will give them odds of 3/1 to fill their flush. Better to bet three quarters of the pot,or the pot itself and leave them in no doubt it is a bad bet. (To calculate three quarters of the pot, divide the pot by 4 then multiply by 3)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even when put it all in with lets say a set on flop lot of people seem unable to fold a fushdraw.:eek:

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many times have I had the top pair, with a flush draw, after the flop, and someone always raises it up, and then two blanks, and I think eventually the odds must apply and I will win in this situation. Still trying.....

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Makes sense. When the flop draw and you have a ready hand you need to put more that the enemy was not a chance to colic, but it works only if the enemy knows poker mathematics. In Freeroll and micro limits that probably will not operate.