Dont Take Poker for granted.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you listen to the old school gamblers you here that poker isnt a sure thing. Dont let your imagination take over you when learning poker. If you gonna play the game you darn sure better learn to play better than average to win. Nowadays everyone can learn a basic strategy and sit at a table and win from time to time. Poker is not easy nor is it simple, Its far more Complex and there is always more to learn know and explore. But its so complex its also a childs game if you want it to be. I see a lotta people start and think they gonna be at the wsop final table but every year there are only nine. You cant think just cause you have Pocket Aces you gonna win everytime, cause any player will tell you whos played ten hands that thats not the case. Dont take poker for granted or itll chew you up and leaving you mad and broke. That being said you can beat it, You are your only enemy really or your best friend.
Good luck and Keep Stacking.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup - when we get immediately confident then poker will remind us how much there is to learn. :)

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"When pride comes, shame follows, but wisdom comes to those who are not proud." - Proverbs 11:2

Not to mention, the Greek motif of Hubris (pride) as well as the Karma belief of balancing (which personally I just chalk up to statistics equalizing, but that is just my opinion on it).

What poker does (and other games too) is illustrate that a good result may be partly statistical and not necessarily because you played so well. We must not get over-confident to the point where it negatively impacts our decision-making.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is definitely forever evolving and players today are better than ever before - so certainly takes some dedication and time if you want to beat the game. Speaking from an MTT standpoint - the game is still very beatable at the lowest stakes even on the tougher sites. I think $22s and under are fairly soft for a decent reg and there is certainly money to be made. The harsh reality is that you are going to have to work very hard to gain an edge and maintain that edge to best these stakes consistently tho. Being average is only going to net you average results. A quick example and one I tell people all the time is the necessary volume to help you deal with variance in tournament poker - it will take 100-150 games per month minimum to help you accomplish this - I meet this requirement and work a full time day job and I study twice a week minimum -- so you CAN do it if you are dedicated enough. The end result is - most people don't know this and when they hear such a thing they either blow it off as fiction or they simply feel like that volume is impossible - so they remain unsuccessful. You can surely win a game or two playing 30 or 40 games per month, but you are going to lose many more than you are going to win.

Anyhow, I hope this post does add something to this thread. Thanks for reading.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is like chess. There's always a new strategy/skill that can be learnt, therefore few are those who can call themselves masters if they don't understand this short affirmation. :)

adoadoado76

adoadoado76

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

who flies high falls as low as in life. should be as real as in real life a man learns while alive :):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When going on the road, wear good boots-otherwise the heels will wear out and you will not be able to find the proper path.Know that the quality born with experience is a banner for your victories and anger and hatred are a burden for your troubles.Don't take poker for granted.Everything is in your hands !!!