Donk bets! When to use?

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can rarely find situations where to make a donk bet, and most of the time I see them I am pretty sure they are a mistake. In what situations can this movement be considered optimal?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I just try to be patient and double at the expense of my opponent when I have good cards and the best chances.
Good luck.

B

Brain Gainz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can rarely find situations where to make a donk bet, and most of the time I see them I am pretty sure they are a mistake. In what situations can this movement be considered optimal?

It's funny you ask because I actually came here to ask the same question! I often find myself 3betting from OOP with the top of my range, and when I get called I'm unsure whether I should lead out on the flop or not. I'm thinking that if I'm the preflop aggressor it might be a good idea, but it really sucks to have to fold to a raise or jam after leading. Especially if I only have a medium sized stack.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donk bet, most of the time it's made by players who don't know how to play, for example, when they have a project on the flop, and they want to see a cheap turn, and they make mini donk bets.

But there are also experienced players who make donk bets.
They are regularly done when you are against a good player.
For example, if you think that this player can check the flop, then to avoid giving the turn, you could make a donk bet.

gl mate :)

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are very few occasions when it is a good idea to donk lead. Try watching these videos, they should help.