Donk bet, yes or no?

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never donk bet HU but it's something I may change. Do you use donk bet ? Against someone than check back to much Donk bet seem interesting :questionm

warface

warface

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the game 1 to 1 donk error, you always have to go in with a raise or 3 bet, if the card is bad then you can press nothing in it is not bad.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know but when I got 1-1 spin and go more do not play aggressively and I have to do

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Most of the times I use the check/raise tactic on the flop if my hand has a strong draw and try to extract value in the turn or on the river. Rarely I use donk bet and if I use it I apply it against a very weak player who just clicks randomly buttons.

If your opponent after some donk bets continues with his hand then you need to mix a little bit your game. Donk bet with a strong hand etc.I believe you get my point.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your opponent after some donk bets continues with his hand then you need to mix a little bit your game. Donk bet with a strong hand etc.I believe you get my point.
Yes of course. I agree with that .. Thank you for response :)

torres_iie4opa

torres_iie4opa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you you have A10-AK. on flop for example 269, you can donk this spot)

M

matiascecci1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i used it a few times, but it´s has a big risk, i lost games whit this, but when you won is glorious

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes could be a very good strategy if you mix up between bluffs and good hands-

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is a Donk bet? is it when u don`t have a pair?

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a Donk bet? is it when u don`t have a pair?

A donk bet is when your out of position and you bet into the preflop aggressor. The reason this is such a bad move is they will usually c bet and if you have a hand you can raise in this spot.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never donk bet HU but it's something I may change. Do you use donk bet ? Against someone than check back to much Donk bet seem interesting :questionm

If the player raises close to 100% of hands, I think you could incorporate some donk bets. You should expect to have to double and triple barrel to get the in-position player to fold most of the time if you're bluffing. It makes tons of sense to donk bet if the preflop aggressor rarely c bets, you could probably donk bet on 80% of boards that you think he's likely to check back. of this 80% 1/4-1/3 will be for value and the rest will be to fold out his equity and pure bluffs.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the Donk bet against aggressive players, which go aggressively without Allin

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really bad strategy, using it against strong players, you'll be punished in moment.

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donk bet is usually a turn bet against the flop-raiser out of position.
Wow, never knew i was such a Donk! Haha ive definitely lost heads up play too many times using this new thing Ive never heard about till now called a Donk bet. Man im glad i read this one. Thanks PokerNuts01! Im curious how long have you been playing poker profitably or atleast how long youve been taking the game serious....

i tease myself thinking im a decent player because i once took 3rd in a big tourney winning around 800 bucks but that was a long time ago and ive only studied lightly since that day believing I had learned enough to make poker profitable. Luckily i havent gone broke playing because ive only been playing with winnings from freerolls since i withdrew that cash.... but for months now ive only built a mini BR here and there only to slowly lose it all and start over again lol

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A donk bet is when your out of position and you bet into the preflop aggressor. (...)

These is a legit definition. :deal:
And has nothing to do with donkeys. lol
I use it myself sometimes with draw hands or middle pair against 1 opponent, firstly it gives me better pot odds to complete flush or str8 (as i do define the price), secondly there is a fold equity if opponent totally missed flop, thirdly the donk bet hides my draw hand, so i could possibly win more, when i got called and complete it on a turn or on a river, fourthly i am stealing aggression advantages from my opponent and probably he would even check turn, which gives me possibility draw next card for free and even to bluff later, as i showed him before, that i hit the flop with a top pair or better. Donk bet can't be underrated, if considering all those.

Last edited:
C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Of course, there are so many transparent players. It is not necessary to be very aggressive to realize that they distrust most of the hands.

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I use a donk bet with a questionable card to find out where I am. Sometimes it's better than answering the opponent's continued bet

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I use a donk bet with a questionable card to find out where I am. Sometimes it's better than answering the opponent's continued bet

This is definitely not the right reason for betting. Youre either betting to make worse hands call (value bet) or betting to force stronger hands fold (bluff). Betting cuz "why not" definitely isnt the reason that good player would use for his bets.

On topic, while i was grinding 10NL (havent played for more than a year so dont judge me if im bit rusty) i had stat on my hud called "donk fold" its the stat showing how often a player who donked, folded to a raise, dont be suprised to see that that number is really hight on average fish, i used to exploit that stat a lot back then...

On toppic bit closer, i really dont see the good reason to donk beside to appear fish to someone new at the table when youre strong and love to get raised, beside that vs regs, only thing that youre actually folding are weak hands, made hands or draws will call or raise if better, then you have to reevaluate turn if called and have to invest more money into already big pot, it is just wasting money IMO, its better to go into check call mode ahdn keep his range wide and possibly have some showdown value till the end or improve by the river...