Does your wife or significant other help you with online poker?

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately no, nobody knows how to play and thinks it's a waste of time.I really wish someone could play or at least support.

J

jianselmo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes and no. She reads better than I do, I think, but I'm a more patient player. Our playing styles are complementary, but we seldom play together.

I

its TG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What a perfect night for me to run across this post haha.

At first my wife hated me playing poker. She always had a long list of more important tasks I could have completed during my poker marathons (I am definitely a binge player).

However as time passed I started winning more, and of course made sure I spent the winnings in ways that would make her appreciate my poker habit ;).

I got her into playing by having her take over tournaments when I had something quick around the house to fix or a quick errand to run. Well, it seems she took a liking to it, as she got me banned from BCP a few months back by registering an account on the same laptop I had previously played on.

I was able to straighten that out with BCP customer service & she has been playing freerolls/micro stakes ever since. She just took 1st in the bestpokercoaching freeroll tonight.. Her very first win, I'm so proud.

V

Vladstarbat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no, only distracts and says to put everything:mad:

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer being left alone while playing poker :D

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Howdy :O) I love doing things together with my wife so I think it is cool. There are times I like to play alone and there times where we might tag team a long tournament together. :O)

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my experience they have only done the opposite of "help" ... lol

Mostly just because a realtionship usually requires significant time and attention and the tournaments I play all day long usually tend to take away from that time.

Would be nice to try dating someone with a similar interest at some point :)