Do You Want To Learn Poker?

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you check James on poker ratings you'll see he has had some good wins.

Official Poker Rankings I AM WILLIS Poker Ratings, Results, Statistics

I just sort of tinker with tournaments. They're not my thing, but I manage to keep afloat.

Again, I'm pretty sure these thing only track S&G's, so big tournaments aren't going to be listed. And career-wise his career loss is smaller. But it's still a loss.

Hey, maybe he does really well in MTT's. But there's nothing to back that up at all in these S&G stats. These stats paint a negative picture.

Attachments

• iamwillis.jpg
    iamwillis.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 8
zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sure OPR does MTTs as well, after all the $215 entries are most likely the Sunday Million.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol anyone could say they won money like that lol, my OPR for FT says I've won close to 3,500, but only profited close to 800$ :(

my sharkscope for PS is best but I still don't think I am capible of teaching someone, although I could help, but even someone who has played for 20+ yrs still learns something new :)

I Am Willis

I Am Willis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, i try and help people and get shot down, lol!

Well i dont work havnt done so since i started uni, i pay my fee's and support my self playing poker both live and online and ive never been short of money to date tbh.... and ive helped quite few players here work ont here game and in the process made them some $ and hopefully they will continue to do so...

But if somebody offers a helping hand to players and is picked about by players that only look @ one bit of the story. How about i use to play $400NL?... but you dont think to ask just accuse...

Im closing this thread now due to flamers and bad wishers.

Good luck in learning to play and my current so to speak students i still will continue to work with.

Thanks

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well i dont work havnt done so since i started uni, i pay my fee's and support my self playing poker both live and online and ive never been short of money to date tbh.... and ive helped quite few players here work ont here game and in the process made them some $ and hopefully they will continue to do so...

But if somebody offers a helping hand to players and is picked about by players that only look @ one bit of the story. How about i use to play $400NL?... but you dont think to ask just accuse...

Good luck in learning to play and my current so to speak students i still will continue to work with.

Thanks

ok, you claim to have won $12k in the past 13th months. Your OPR says differently. You even said yourself to look at your OPR as proof you're a winning player. If you're actually a winning player, you'd obviously have some sort of proof to provide. All of the "flamers and bad wishers" are just trying to protect unsuspecting members.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full tracking is remarkably average -2% ROI 17% ITM and near perfect distibution of finishes. I'm not going to give you a hard time about trying to help beginners, but you might want to take an honest look at your results for your own good. Are you making your profit at live games or just borrowing from your bankroll?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks

ok first of all, I'm not making any accusations. I don't pretend to know you at all, but that's kinda the point.

No one knows who you are, you make a bunch of unfounded claims, and offer to teach people poker, despite all evidence being that you are a losing player, and marginal winner at best.

So when you go onto a forum you are unaffiliated with and offer to teach players poker, despite you having no credibility as a good player, are you surprised when people at least point out that fact, that your statement about a good opr is false and that online in tourneys at least you haven't really done all that well? No one has claimed you suck, they've just gone on the facts, and the facts don't paint a picture of you as a really great player capable of teaching someone how to play poker.

But if you REALLY want to teach people, just participate in the forums. Answer questions people have here, comment in the HA section. It won't be 1-on-1, but you will be helping possibly hundreds of people get better at one time. And then by providing feedback like that maybe you can learn something as well. Say you really have won $12k in tourneys and have like a 15% roi. Maybe listening to some advice by other players here will boost your roi even higher. We've all got more to learn, and we can all provide something for others, hence the poker forum being a good idea, where everyone can be both a teacher and student at the same time.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
zach= lawyer imo

screw math lol

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya, its a tuff room....

Attachments

• 26143poker3.jpg
    26143poker3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 10
A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
if you REALLY want to teach people, just participate in the forums. Answer questions people have here, comment in the HA section. It won't be 1-on-1, but you will be helping possibly hundreds of people get better at one time. And then by providing feedback like that maybe you can learn something as well. Say you really have won $12k in tourneys and have like a 15% roi. Maybe listening to some advice by other players here will boost your roi even higher. We've all got more to learn, and we can all provide something for others, hence the poker forum being a good idea, where everyone can be both a teacher and student at the same time.

There it is..... whjat we've all ben trying to say in one way or another. Wanting to teach others is a good thing esp. when one knows what they are talking about (example: Zach= excelent player with proven stats) All of us help teach each other via posts on threads at CC. Some of the guys have made videos and freely gave them to the site for all to enjoy.

Setting up private side deals where "we'll work something out" isn't how a forum works. it works by us sharing knowledge on the threads. When something like this comes up the regular members want to help protect new members from what on some occasions may be a scam. I AM NOT saying you're try this but please understand we see it all to often. Those guys are always caught and banned from the site.

I Am Willis

I Am Willis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
. I AM NOT saying you're try this but please understand we see it all to often. Those guys are always caught and banned from the site.

Well go and catch and ban them cos tbh all the guys ive played with which is maybe 20+ now i have not took one single cent off any of them so go and ask?....

Community more like a jury....

Judge and be judged my sirs...

111-THEMAD-111

111-THEMAD-111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is why I limit my posts on this site. Everytime I try to share something at cardschat I have the same thing happen. I'll help anyone who asks and I will post every now and then. I've even been accused of reposting other peoples articles so I don't bother to share much here anymore. I do however read many of the posters questions and comments in the hope that I can learn a thing or two. I don't claim to be a know it all but I do ok.

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The regular contributing members of this comunity like to keep this site safe for everyone.

Keep thinking negative and every post you read will be negative as you read mine to be! Try reading the positive advice that both Zach and I said about sharing info on the threads instead of jumping to conclusions.

If I thought you were scamming people out of money I would not have posted a single word, I would have just reported the thread to the moderators to let them take care of it and moved on.

If you want me to judge I could pick apart those stats in a heartbeat. Better to invite you to both share info and read info to learn more from others so I can help you instead!

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The regular contributing members of this comunity like to keep this site safe for everyone.

Keep thinking negative and every post you read will be negative as you read mine to be! Try reading the positive advice that both Zach and I said about sharing info on the threads instead of jumping to conclusions.

If I thought you were scamming people out of money I would not have posted a single word, I would have just reported the thread to the moderators to let them take care of it and moved on.

If you want me to judge I could pick apart those stats in a heartbeat. Better to invite you to both share info and read info to learn more from others so I can help you instead!

Can I hire you for my lawyer?

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bob, adventurebound now has a very difficult ethical dillema, should he gamble or be a lawyer??? hmmmmm, whats the hourly rate?

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bob, adventurebound now has a very difficult ethical dillema, should he gamble or be a lawyer??? hmmmmm, whats the hourly rate?

well I pay pantin 1c per year, I will make this 5c per year plus some special bonuses we may not talk about :p

A

Adventurebound2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
well I pay pantin 1c per year, I will make this 5c per year plus some special bonuses we may not talk about :p

He charges too much imo. I work cheaper:cool:

also, I only accept special bonuses by a select few who's photo's are in the "phind philthy an avatar" (parts 1 or 2) thread.:rolleyes:

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He charges too much imo. I work cheaper:cool:

also, I only accept special bonuses by a select few who's photo's are in the "phind philthy an avatar" (parts 1 or 2) thread.:rolleyes:

you cheap bastard, I want some cake. oh yea am I one of those select few?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol @ the SNG stats go look threw them i think u will find the down accounts was me one day donking off $215 a go playing sats to the stupid tuesday....

o and see my opr you silly billy, lets look through everything before we make accusations, i didnt pay my uni fees with a negative bankroll this year i know that for sure.....

Nobody is accusing you of anything Willis. But think about it for a moment, if you were a thinking new player, and got an offer from several folks, would you not want to associate with the one who could show the best results?

I take Sharkscope and OPR with a grain of salt, mainly because for some reason my BR is much bigger than what they show. Somehow they miss stuff. I must therefore extend that to everyone else I check.

Add that to some sudden insight about the game that we all hopefully get from time to time and those 'services' show themselves for what they are, which is pure reporting. They report what they can find. They can not find private games for instance.

In the theme of an average player helping a new player, there is no problem, this forum and all poker forums are based on helping each other improve. A peculiar thing is that a brand new player can express an idea in a way that an experienced player may never have heard of before, and it causes something to click in a way it never clicked before.

For new players, most of the help will be in getting these new players 'up to snuff' on basic concepts and terminology so that more intricate ideas can be explored. Your offer makes no promises about making anyone the next Phil Hellmouth.

I'm sure you can help someone, as can all the others who offered.