Do you use any trainers to improve your game?

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hello folks đź‘‹

I heard that pro players are using different software and services to learn and improve their game. So do you use any of them and can tell is it useful and maybe advice something?

I know that there are softwares like ICMizer or Hand2note, but they are not friendly for amateurs and newbies like me o_O

Thank you!

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello! These are two different programs. These programs are not difficult to use, so they can be used by beginners as well. The ICMizer helps you understand whether your push or fold decision is correct. Hand2Note collects statistics of your game and other players. This program gives an idea of the strategy of the game, for this you need a large number of hands played, at least 10,000. The sooner you start using this program, the better. These programs are essential if you play poker seriously and want to achieve good results. On the use of programs there are reviews on YouTube, it's not difficult to figure it out. Good luck!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have noticed quite correctly. Many players use programs to improve their game. Moreover, streamers use programs right during the game. I've seen it, but I've never used it myself.
Only books and hand analysis.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
no, I use my head sometimes a calculator to calculate some data, and I mostly play myself without using any pieces

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Equilab is a good piece of free software you can use to work out equities v hands and ranges, plus has training tools

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Equilab is a good piece of free software you can use to work out equities v hands and ranges, plus has training tools
Thanks for and advice, I'll check it (y)

Hello! These are two different programs. These programs are not difficult to use, so they can be used by beginners as well. The ICMizer helps you understand whether your push or fold decision is correct. Hand2Note collects statistics of your game and other players. This program gives an idea of the strategy of the game, for this you need a large number of hands played, at least 10,000. The sooner you start using this program, the better. These programs are essential if you play poker seriously and want to achieve good results. On the use of programs there are reviews on YouTube, it's not difficult to figure it out. Good luck!
That's interesting, thank you man! Didn't know this about h2n - probably Iwant to start using it right now! (y)đź’Ş

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't tried trainers yet. I do watch training videos though.

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a ton of options, depending on what you're looking for. For trainers I've used DTO, Pairred, Preflop Academy, Odin Poker, and Preflop+ (an iOS App). The best tool from my experience has been GTO Wizard, which has a lot of free features whereas the other Apps lock most of their functionality behind a pay wall. I'd recommend checking it out.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
No. Never. I dont need any help from helping tools ...

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh nah I did use software sometimes, but no not really, I have most knowledge in my head and most things I get wrong, are usually marginal.

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are a ton of options, depending on what you're looking for. For trainers I've used DTO, Pairred, Preflop Academy, Odin Poker, and Preflop+ (an iOS app). The best tool from my experience has been GTO Wizard, which has a lot of free features whereas the other apps lock most of their functionality behind a pay wall. I'd recommend checking it out.
Thanks! Checked out Preflop+ and its very helpful app. I heared about GTO Wizard and I use (ok, trying to use) something similar to it - gtobase, it has +/- same range I suppose...

No. Never. I dont need any help from helping tools ...
Don't you think that if pros are using them, then it might be really helpful to figuire out some questions for sure?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I don't use any additional software. The game is great as it is. I personally have no need for such additional programs.

DiegoRamos1

DiegoRamos1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Hello! I didn't know that such programs existed. Interesting topic

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Although I think it's good to learn in courses, or in books or sites about strategies, I really don't believe too much in training or programs.
Assuming that a tremendous bad beat like the one that happened to me last weekend in PS happens to you, what can a coach or a program tell you about this??? I played bad???
Actually daily practice is the best training for me at least.
Greetings friend, and well, I hope the programs or coaches will help you if you hire them:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't use any software, I just play, gain experience, improve my skills and of course learn from my mistakes :)

F

FrizzaoR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
software experience can be usefull on live vames?

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello folks đź‘‹

I heard that pro players are using different software and services to learn and improve their game. So do you use any of them and can tell is it useful and maybe advice something?

I know that there are softwares like ICMizer or Hand2note, but they are not friendly for amateurs and newbies like me o_O

Thank you!
it is way more than just software
It can only get you so far

The solver tells you what it did
not why

Your brain is way better than any program
and yeah it can be overwhelming at first

but just do it anyways

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although I think it's good to learn in courses, or in books or sites about strategies, I really don't believe too much in training or programs.
Assuming that a tremendous bad beat like the one that happened to me last weekend in PS happens to you, what can a coach or a program tell you about this??? I played bad???
Actually daily practice is the best training for me at least.
Greetings friend, and well, I hope the programs or coaches will help you if you hire them:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:
your glass is full
cant get more beer from the bar if your'e already spilling

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.
I don't use any additional software. The game is great as it is. I personally have no need for such additional programs.
the game is great you are sooo right!

but if the information is available and is being used by my opponents

I'd take a look

ipagan

ipagan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I'd take a look
I totally agree with you bro! I think you should learn from programs or charts just simply because your opponents are doing this as well! And about solver I think that it may help you not to stuck with some sort of difficult descisions during the game...Yes, it doesn't say why you should do this or that, but the simple explanation that this action just has more expected value mathematically based on a milion deals. And you just doesn't have to overthink some difficult situations in the game ;)

Top 10 Games