Do you use a poker hand manager?

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a simple question. Have you gained perspective or an edge? Have you discovered habits? Good or bad? I wonder what the percentage of online players are using a tracker like Poker Tracker or Holdem Manaager?

Any thoughts?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am using Poker Tracker 4 but in general I don't look at it in every decision I have to take. In the long term and if you have some data for the players you play against I believe that you can gain an edge.

Of course the tracker helps you to exploit your opponents' habits. That is the main purpose of having one!I believe that that the vast majority of mid to upper stake players own one. I was in a doubt before I buy the PT4 but it is a very handy tool for my hobby!

In some critical spots I had to make or take it was a must have!

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times

I really almost do not use it, but I can't deny some times I wet stuck and have a doubt and use it, personally I get confused about wgich hand is better a straigh or color, yas, I know, color always wins, a've learned it the hard way

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have used poker tracker for the analyze leaks. Its a nice way to evaluate your play. I do not use the hud during my normal play

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HM2 / PT4 is effective only if you have enough statistics for all players at the table. Minimum - from 100 hands at least. The bigger, the better. If you play more than one table at a time, then using such programs is necessary for a successful game. Playing several tables you will not be able to track the styles of players yourself. Especially in those games where many different players participate.

In private tournaments from CardsChat involved 100-150 people. You will quickly get to know them and even know them by their names. But what to do where tens of thousands play ?!

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This brings an advantage if you have an active style of playing

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The advantage is obvious. By the way, I moved from HM to H2N

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe thats mistake but I have never used it

BradCo

BradCo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's a good thing for newbies. although I also sometimes use it to analyze the mistakes in my game

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands