do you think it is right for a winner: 40%luck +60%skill?

I

ietd123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if you don't agree with me, what is your thinking?

A

archilazy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i say better
49% - luck
51% - skill

your skill cannot do anything, if cards against you all the time

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi !:)
The best attitude to strive for :luck\skill - 20\80.At 40\60 there is too much of luck.)

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel that's about right. The luck helps you in key situations. The skill helps you get pots that novice players wouldn't get.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn't matter.. 100% focus is on skill..

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds about right.. :)
Makes sense to focus 100% on the skill set..
Luck is taken care off by law of large numbers..

S

sprut625

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello everyone. when we lose . we say that we did everything right, but we were not lucky. when the aces could not resist against a small pair. and again that everything was done correctly, but no luck. the verdict is as follows. if you won. the poker room allowed you to do this

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's really mostly luck. You can play perfectly and still lose. That's just how poker is.

Where skill comes in is being able to maximize value when you are ahead and minimize losses when you are in a bad spot.

They say you shouldn't be results oriented and over the long run you will win if you play correctly. That's not really 100% true because ultimately you play poker to win money. If you get unlucky in one huge pot, that is gonna be a deep hole to climb out of. If you are ok with losing and you just wanna feel good that you played well... ok then.

I dunno about you, I rather be lucky and win money than good and lose money.

bra01

bra01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 40% skill and 60% luck

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
hello everyone. when we lose . we say that we did everything right, but we were not lucky. when the aces could not resist against a small pair. and again that everything was done correctly, but no luck. the verdict is as follows. if you won. the poker room allowed you to do this

I would say losing players tend to think that way, winning players & those on their way to becoming $+ do not.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea probably lil more, I would say skill is first of course and luck is second but its all about practice and seeing more hands im my opinion. Knowing all yr percentages of winning and outs ect. and being able to do it fast in yr head is what you wanna be able to do and how pros can do it with ease. Good luck.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm not sure how this will look in percentage terms, but I am sure that skill is much more important for a player than luck !!!

Winner Poker