Do you push with pocket 2??

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does someone short stack in UTG feel comfortable going all in with pocket 2?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
does someone short stack in UTG feel comfortable going all in with pocket 2?:confused:

Thank U 4 Posting

So we always use data to determine our actions.

The data points that would determine if we go all-in with 22 UTG are:

Size of stack exactly- 10bb or less or 20bb or less?
Stack relative to Villains -10bb is a short stack but if everyone has 10bb or if half the table has 10bb it makes a difference.

Stage of tournament matters

Exact player count matters as well 9 handed is not the same as 6 handed.

Player tendencies matter especially who is in the blinds or on the BTN

Also where is the biggest stack on the table and what will your villains do when you raise-
Will other players fold out of fear of the big stack?
If so then they may fold 33 44 55 66 KJ off etc so as not to have to go all-in versus big stack. Which means if the big stack has some folds we can leverage our range and the tables tightness vs the big stack.

These are some of the data points that will help you determine if you can shove 22 as part of your range UTG short stacked.

If you are at 11BB 9 handed and you are 100% certain you will be called then it is always going to be a coin flip at best. Unless you run into the seldom occurring 22 vs A2s
So you could decide to wait to see blinds and btn hands before you go all-in.

Hope this helps
:):)

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in pre flop with 2 2 odds are in your favor versus A K.

But I never push all in pre flop. And I usually fold Deuces and threes.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question

Absolutely maybe. Especially if your short stacked UTG. It depends on where I am in the tournament and how my table mates have been playing. If I have a tight table image I might go ahead and shove. If the table has been really loose I would wait for a better hand AND better position!! You are still alive to shove with a better hand.

Z

Stay Safe

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of the situation, like the stage of the tournament or the actions of the other players, but there are a few situation that I could go all in with 22.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Allin 22 UTG is bad idea

I think this is a bad idea.

You are going to have to get through every player at the table.

Anybody calling has two overs.

You really need to hit a set of 222.

A pocket pair is a strong hand.

But not strong enough to go all in from this early position.

Good luck !

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would shove 22 from UTG with a stack of 10bb or less (no ante), and sometimes up to 15bb if there is an ante. It also depends somewhat on tournament state. While moving all-in with 22 for 8bb UTG is normally a very good play relative to folding, if you're mid-stacked on a hyper-turbo bubble (for example) it would become a fold.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
pocket twos

there are certain conditions to be met to consider pushing with pocket "22"

1 short stacked
2 small blind
3 bubble and short stacked

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are certain conditions to be met to consider pushing with pocket "22"

1 short stacked
2 small blind
3 bubble and short stacked

which when you think about it, it is almost always correct to fold this hand. If you chose to always fold it you wouldnt be that far off from the making the best decision that often.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always feel uncomfortable with pocket twos in the all in, but when I’m cornered I close my eyes and shoved all in.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a short stack, maybe in some circumstances, but at 100 bb, 22 is generally a fold or limp to set mine hand to me, even if you may have a slight edge against and Ax hand, because this is just a coin flip, and UTG it would probably be a fold to me almost always.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obrigado U 4 Postagem

Portanto, sempre usamos dados para determinar nossas ações.

Os pontos de dados que determinariam se iríamos all-in com 22 UTG são:

Tamanho da pilha exatamente - 10bb ou menos ou 20bb ou menos?
Pilha em relação aos vilões -10bb é uma pilha pequena, mas se todos tiverem 10bb ou se metade da mesa tiver 10bb, isso faz diferença.

O estágio do torneio importa.

A contagem exata do jogador também importa. 9 jogadores não é o mesmo que 6 jogadores.

As tendências dos jogadores importam especialmente quem está nos blinds ou no BTN.

Também onde está o maior stack na mesa e o que seus vilões farão quando você aumentar -
Os outros jogadores irão desistir por medo do big stack?
Nesse caso, eles podem foldar 33 44 55 66 KJ, etc, para não ter que ir all-in contra o big stack. O que significa que se o big stack tiver alguns folds, podemos alavancar nosso range e a firmeza das mesas contra o big stack.

Estes são alguns dos pontos de dados que o ajudarão a determinar se você pode shovar 22 como parte de seu range UTG short stack.

Se você está com 11BB com 9 jogadores e está 100% certo de que será pago, será sempre um cara ou coroa, na melhor das hipóteses. A menos que você encontre 22 vs A2s, que raramente ocorrem,
você pode decidir esperar para ver os blinds e as mãos btn antes de ir all-in.

Espero que isso ajude
:):)
helped a lot, thanks for sharing your knowledge.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

The push fold charts that I have say not to push 22 from UTG unless you have 4bb or less.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on stack sizes and the state of the tournament. The term "UTG" is also not very specific, since it just mean first to act. But the important is not, how many players have folded, before the action got to you. Its how many players are still left to act behind you. With 6-8 players left to act behind you the smallest pairs should often just be folded. The value of jamming a small pair also goes way down, if you have calling stations behind you. You really dont want to jam 22, and then have someone call incorrectly with J8o :)

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll fold my cards, with pocket 2

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Under the gun position and pocket 2's

FOLD.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in the UTG position? I will fold my cards, perhaps)

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally no, not under the gun. not even 55 or 66. best to have position over opponents like example if everyone fold and you are BB and SB limps, its OK to go all in with 22.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have less than 10bb then I will shove with pocket 2's.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a bad idea.

You are going to have to get through every player at the table.

Anybody calling has two overs.

You really need to hit a set of 222.

A pocket pair is a strong hand.

But not strong enough to go all in from this early position.

Good luck !

Yes agree!

N

NDim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Is it comfortable? No. But sometimes I have to do it.:(

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the tournament state and the kind of table you're in, but I generally wouldn't shove from UTG with pocket 2. You can still lose to all the rest pairs.