Do you push AK and QQ on preflop?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you play AK and QQ preflop, raise or all in, or limp to bait players with weaker hands?
yes, yes, and yes, and also throw in the occasional fold preflop, all depending on the situation.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
After add-on in freebuy and final stage in satellites always push preflop. At another tipe of tournament rise, see flop, making moves.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We play for the win, there are a lot of hands that reraise us that we dominate with AK and QQ.
Not every hand that reraises us are AA and KK, there are at least 77 to JJ Any AX suited or not, any broadway combination suited or not.
The problem is where do you want to make a mistake, or where do you want to have your villain make a mistake, preflop or postflop.
They are tricky but depending on stack size and villain type, a maybe.
If you have an any 2 villain with 80+ vpip you can consider pushing he'll mostly will not fold regardless what his hand is.
AK hast the most showdown value against non pair hands that don't hit the board in any way.
If you know that villain plays pairs mainly, you have a coin flip.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes...sometimes. And sometimes I call only. My decision depends on many factors.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
raise to get more value fr weaker hands

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I like to shove the AK. QQ is a trouble maker for me, so usually just raise and play the streets accordingly.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Preflop, almost always choose to raise with QQ. But there are exceptions, regarding 100% 3-bet with QQ preflop. If your opponent is an extremely tight player and he opens from early position, then it is better to call QQ here.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends mostly on stack size and blindlevel but there are many many other small factors:

type of game
buy-in
position
How many BB's we have
How many BB's opponents have
Is it a single raise pot or was there already a 3, 4, or whatever bet
Does my opponent wear sunglasses while playing online
Etc...

The default way imo to play these hands is to raise and reraise but i would start being carefull in 4-bet pots against some players.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Depends mostly on stack size and blindlevel but there are many many other small factors:

type of game
buy-in
position
How many BB's we have
How many BB's opponents have
Is it a single raise pot or was there already a 3, 4, or whatever bet
Does my opponent wear sunglasses while playing online
Etc...

The default way imo to play these hands is to raise and reraise but i would start being carefull in 4-bet pots against some players.
Could this also include 'online players who are riffling/shuffling chips while playing online'?

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it will depend on the situation, if I'm the first to speak I'll play with a raise, and if I'm the second to speak and I have a raise before then I'll either call or 3bet depending on the player, and there are cases where I'll even fold if I see I'm missing out on a premium pair

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As many people have already stated, the answer depends on a number of different factors, but the short answer is all three options will be correct some percentage of the time. Also, sometimes folding is also correct.