Do you prepare for a session?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few cans of cold beer is the best preparation for me, which always has a positive effect on my mood and my results.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely disassemble my game, as I get very tired. Sometimes I can sort out my hands right during the game if few tables are open.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, I eat well, I eat first before I start playing, I drink a lot of water, I have to have my mind 100% concentrated and I like to get out of business first, so I don't have to do chores or help an errand or something.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I basically try to relax. and ate a beer before starting a tournament!

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play for relax, just some specific games.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Yes, I do prepare. I have some software tools that help my game. Mostly some reference tables. That's all.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I get a big jug of coffee, a massive bag of chocolates and put my feet up :D

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a lot, just make sure I have enough time to finish playing the games I start and maybe make a cup of tea.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

yes I wanted to open a small room or a pub in front of the virus so that the hospitality is very bankrupt I don't know

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

O

Oksana55

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to have a good rest, prepare strong coffee and go into battle

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do physical exercises to tone and energize. I drop all thoughts and do what I have to.

R

Rodriguesxr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dinner and keep calm for the initial Blind levels because the stress for long hours is not the asnwer for be winner

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to start a tournament rested and relaxed. I also ate and drank enough before the tournament. A small snack for in between is prepared.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't prepare for a poker section. But I tend to be very anxious thinking about how I can win a tournament. It gives me a feeling of ecstasy.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you prepare for a session of poker and if so how do you do it. I usually try not to think about it when i play live games or i tend to psych myself out a bunch lol. Online though i just get as comfortable as i can in front of my screen and i like to project my games to my tv. sometimes i like to think of all the mistakse i made the day before or last sesssion. other than that not much preparation for me. Id like to know what yall do though. maybe itll help.
I do a few things!

I check my attitude to see if my brain is in a good place.
If that is good - I ask myself how I feel, if my health is OK or if I'm tired.
If I'm not tired I use an App to guide me through a meditation
Then I play 100 hands on "free money" poker app to get into the thinking of a poker game.
Then I play! :D

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before the game itself, it is imperative to concentrate, mobilize your thoughts for the upcoming game, remain vigilant and carefully monitor everything that happens. The main task is to think only about poker, trying to get out of my head all thoughts not related to the tournament. It is important to be able to adapt to the current situation, to have your own strategy. If your thoughts are occupied with other worries, then you simply cannot fully control all information about the game, which means that you cannot fully assess the situation at the gaming table.

Personally, I begin my inner preparation with a little meditation. Then I direct all my thoughts exclusively towards poker, which allows my brain to tune in to the game. Sometimes you can watch an interview with a reputable player about a game or read a couple of articles in a poker magazine.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I opened the site and prepared for the game. Stopped in to check the answers in the chat and missed registration.
Cool but insulting.
:)

R

randywalstad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
learn to love the game early and understand variance

have fun learning the game it will mean more to your mind

always prepare for every possible outcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep.Usually, I launch GTO Sensei before the session for 20-30 min. Sometimes I review my base of tournaments/

K

Kingsti95

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just making sure to be well rested and concentrated. If it is about cash game if i am bot relaxed I just wont play. If it is for tournament, I would try to get rest as much as I can before that.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Various preparations are needed.

But the posture losing those is also necessary.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. If I feel like playing poker, it is now. No preparation needed☺️

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very important to prepare before playing

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes very much so, I plan to take every player so I start by rubbing Buddah belly then I pray a lot and then dive into action