Do you play these Pairs, 66, 99?

T

The Muppetteer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will generally limp with mid pockets to try and see a flop. If there has been a raise I will consider how big my pockets are, how much the raise is and how many players are behind me. Depending on stack sizes I may fold or shove.

If it has been folded to me in late position I will always raise no matter how big my pockets are hoping to steal.

M

manalva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys play these pairs, 6-6, 9-9, 8-8,4-4, 10-10? I do sometimes when the bet is not that large. I'll wait for the flop, and when the flop didn't help, I fold if anyone bets. But sometimes, I do also Fold it depends on my position and how many players are in play.

But sometimes I'm getting pissed when I folded my pair of 2s because of the bet, the flop comes with a 2s. I hate it when that happens. I just let the Three of a kind out of the hand. It often happens to me especially tourneys.

Do you guys play these kind of hand or you use it to do bluffs?:D I'm not that good at bluffing, but sometimes it works.

Here's another, :rolleyes: I did also fold my 7-9, and when the Flop comes, there goes 7-7-Q. aarrrggg..!! Hate it!. I can do bet with these hand but I get to Fold because of the Raise.

Hi.

Like you said, depends on the bets and depends on how many guys pay the BB. Most of the times i just pay the BB, if someone rises depends on how that specific player plays. If he's a jackal i'll pay his rise, otrewise don't.

Don't hate yourself because of leting go wining hads, that's negative only for you, because next hand you'll play aggresive and you'll lost for sure.

Bye.
manalva

C

Cilderr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a cash game, I open with every pair, because that way you make the pot bigger and if you hit you get way more value than just limping. Ofcourse you can take to pot down right there without seeing a flop. In tournament it really depends on the situation, in middle stages and 20-30BB deep you sometimes have to fold small pair preflop etc.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends I would tend on a few things, the basics if someone whom I have a read on makes alot of pre flop raises with, I can normally come over the top of them with a pocket pair. Yet having a mid ranged pocket pair, I like to access the flop and see what transpires based apon my hand. For Instance if the set hasn't come and I see a flush out there and 1 of the 2 cards I need is part of that flush, I hardly will play the hand from there. If I see that there is the possibility of someone having trips on the flop, if I get a chance to see the turn for cheap, I do make the call. Yes giving out ammo to them just to see the turn can be costly as well in the long run, but it does give the chance to catch an unseen fullhouse.

Yet there are times as well I will just limp, like any other cards, nothing hits, someone bets, instant fold.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never play anything less than 77 from early position and even in late position I am very cautious with low pocket pairs.

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I avoid playing 7-7 or less pairs early, 5-5 or less in middle position becuase of the number of players to act behind me

M

mange

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold Small Pocket Pair in Early position

I will usually fold small pocket pair UTG and in Early Position. Also, I will fold AQ os and lesser hands UTG and Early Position under normal conditions.

I late postion, with several players it may be worth it to call a bet.
And, fold if you do not hit a set.

But, cirsumstances dictate many actions.

mange

B

Bobmurphy07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to open with pocket pairs from any position if it's early game, but as far as calling goes with pocket pairs I try to make sure I have 10:1, or 11:1, implied pot odds because that's what you need to make sure it's +EV in the long run. In the later stages I fold 22-55 from early position, but I still like to raise sometimes if I'm deep enough for it, say 30BBs or more.

N

n2kfactor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i just hate pocket pairs below 8s after the blinds are 60+ because 90% online players are A-rag donkeys and the site rewards them 91% of the times so its better to play A-rag than small pairs..

J

jonny17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to raise to about 2.5xbb to get one or two calls to give me value when i do hit my set which happens about 1 in 5 times getting more players into the flop gives you extra value when you do hit

B

Bobmurphy07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i just hate pocket pairs below 8s after the blinds are 60+ because 90% online players are A-rag donkeys and the site rewards them 91% of the times so its better to play A-rag than small pairs..

it's never better to play A-rag, you're asking to get into a hand where you're dominated, if you're playing Ace rag it should be from CO or the hijack late game with high blinds if you have fold equity and you're opening the pot. A-rag is not better than pocket pairs, with pocket pairs if you don't have an overpair to the board or a set you can let them go. What happens when you have A6 and the flop is A79, you're so far behind AK, AQ, AJ, AT, A9, A8, A7, there are 7 hands that beat you but you hit your Ace why else were you in the hand? My point is you go broke with Ace-rag too often.