Do You Play Differently in Fast-Fold Games?

B

bigrog70

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like fast-fold games (e.g,. Zoom on PS, Snap on 888, etc.) because I can play a lot more hands and learn, as opposed to waiting around for others to move. But I've read that people tend to play tighter because they can fold and immediately get another two cards. But I play the same way in fast-fold as in traditional ring games. How about you?

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play tighter too, playing very premium hands,. On the button I might hang around and try to get some blinds. Some of the times the SM and BB have already folded so its a bit of easy money.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I've read that people tend to play tighter because they can fold and immediately get another two cards.

Bad poker players (fish) tend to play less hands in fast fold formats, but this is because they play way to many hands on regular tables. For example your typical 53/13 whale might become a 25/13 in fast fold games, because he dont get bored, when he fold his junk. This by the way is the main reason, why winrates are going to be massively lower in fast fold games. And the reason why I more or less stopped playing them.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t Play that Game Much

I really like fast-fold games (e.g,. Zoom on PS, Snap on 888, etc.) because I can play a lot more hands and learn, as opposed to waiting around for others to move. But I've read that people tend to play tighter because they can fold and immediately get another two cards. But I play the same way in fast-fold as in traditional ring games. How about you?

Don’t play that game much, but when I do I tend to play tighter. Waiting for a premium hand. Unfortunately, for me, more hands often means losing more money.

B

bigrog70

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad poker players (fish) tend to play less hands in fast fold formats, but this is because they play way to many hands on regular tables. For example your typical 53/13 whale might become a 25/13 in fast fold games, because he dont get bored, when he fold his junk. This by the way is the main reason, why winrates are going to be massively lower in fast fold games. And the reason why I more or less stopped playing them.

Ah, good to know. I do get bored on traditional (non-fast fold) games. But I'm also not too good at multi-tabling.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah, good to know. I do get bored on traditional (non-fast fold) games. But I'm also not too good at multi-tabling.

Then fast-fold games can be fine for practicing or for just having fun. What I personally found is, that they are not so good for making money though. So if you are a for-profit player, you eventually want to pick another format. But this is just my opinion of course :)

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

My thoughts exactly. Struggle big time with Zoom but do OK with reg tables.

But I do like playing them for fun,

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play the regular tables, but when I play fast tables I generally play tighter and try to steal less blinds than in the regular tables.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only list you will need to beat fast fold games up to 50NL:

Since the game is fast paced and your position at the table changes each time it is advisable to adjust yourself against the POPULATION which:

1.Folds too much when checking flop as pre-flop aggressor
2.Never triple bluffs river
3.Has strong turn barreling range especially in 3-bet pots
4.No one is 3-betting light from HJ and CO
5.No one is 3-betting light against UTG and HJ
6.3-betting from SB and BB tend to be imbalanced towards bluffs

These are the main differences between a regular table game and fast fold game.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also if you have the goal of moving up in stakes fast paced games are ideal since you need some understanding of balance which you will need more in higher stakes.

Top 10 Games Folding in Poker