Do you play with AJ,A10,KQ,KJ?

M

miley17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's early game i always go all-in. That's my rule. Mid and Late game...i bet 3-4 BB or more. All in....depends on the opponents - mid and late game u know ur "enemies" on ur table, know their tactics if they bluf and so...and depends on ur chips/blinds of course.

G

goryachev1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello CC members! I want to ask you. How to realise hands like AJ, A10, KQ, KJ in early/middle stages of tournaments? Some guides tells, that these are trash hands but its so hard to fold with cards like that. What do you think?
Well, it depends on your playstyle. Sure, this hands are very weak to be opened from UTG , even from MP. Sometimes I open it from even UTG but let it go most of the time after any 3bet. And this hands are playable from BB, SB 2.

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I'm playing these most of the time.

Saperion

Saperion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to play A10 AJ KG KJ u need either a lot of chips and being agressive or have position-

mariel619

mariel619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you know those things that everyone has...

sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt, nobody can make
a fore sure answer we can only what we prefer as individuals.

T

TheWiener

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think its pretty hard to generalize here. much depends on your opponent i think.
when you have a bad lag on your table i could imagine a 3 bet to isolate as well (in late position obv).

in early/mid tournament stages i will alway fold these kind of hands in ep - depending on the table even in mp. in late position i, open those hands if first in.

in late tournament stages these are the hands to push, steal and resteal for me.

D

Dilounette

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like everyone saids: It's depend of position, if someone have raise before you,...

For me they are a huge different between A10/AJ and KQ/KJ. The first one are strong in most of the case and if you are in position and the first agressor, you have a lot of chance to win the hand. Second one it's harder to know. On every flop whit A you are not in good position same for every "baby" flop because every A beat you.

Be realy carefull with this kind of hand. But if you are short stake let's play !

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't know what the opponents has, you should raise so you will determine the strength of this hands against a caller, and i you get re-raise,..easy fold. Most of the time if you call a re-reraise with this hand and you hit a pair on the flop, you will get in trouble or bust-out because you want also take the big pot and it's so hard to fold especially top pair with a big pot in the middle.

Q

Quinnybop13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes!

YES!! I will always play with these hands, especially if its the same suit,

Of course if while I am playing, i don't get a good flop, turn or river, and if another player bets alot, I will fold.

But generally I will play with them.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
i play these hands depending on the position, KJ if i play it my aim is two pairs or better. cause if a jack or a king hit the board i'm worry about my kicker.

lois505

lois505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing these most of the time.hard to fold when i don't get a good flop, turn or river, so this why i play bad, anyway so i am a bad player, i will study how to fold ,hope i can more and more better

T

TryTo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play these hands. But not after raise and not in early positions. But as I have read somewhere you will be able to play absolutely every hand with experience. Skilled postflop game is more important than what you entry with.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have rad all this topics and can make some decisions:

FIRST - thanx you all, now I know who are fish, who are strong
SECOND - hey dudes! better try get set with pocket middle pairs, then play pocket QTo-KJo
THIRD - if you see big fish on table - try to grab it by the tail!!! KJo does not help you with it!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My question to you is, are you able to recognize when you are in trouble and can get away from your hand? If so, play them, if not proceed with caution.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
trouble hands when deep stacked as can easily be dominated, maybe play them suited in position when you can enter the pot cheaply.

good answer ^

reverse implied odds

Hands that have potential to win a little or lose alot.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes, when you know who your opponent is, you can play, but some times, for example when you out of position, you must fold with this cards.

Listen, play with pocket pairs better! You can strengthen to set or full-house.
And with card from your question you can get only pairs or sometimes flushes!

Definitely some food for thought! ... I'd never thought of this stuff quite like that before.

I find when I play 54s, 64o, it is these hands that most often strengthen to hit quads for me... and if the other player (even if I don't know who he is) will often give me all of their chips with their pocket AA because they probably only hit a set with that hand.

FaelN

FaelN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all about the feeling, if you feel confortable to play in determined position with that cards just try to do your best!!

TsUponU

TsUponU

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to agree with those who say these are positional hands in early and mid tourny play. I also believe these are hands that depend a lot on implied odds. Do you know your opponents? have you had enough time at a table to get some decent reads on your opponents? To blanket these as trash hands I think is a little short sighted.

While many people are not Limp and Fold players or play the limp and fold incorrectly, these can also be decent limp & fold hands when your late with check offs while the blinds are low, they can become monsters quickly.

So I don't believe there is any one correct answer, as situation, opponents and strategy all play into whether or not you call or raise with these hands.

S

Sergei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not say that straight garbage. Dangerous hands Yes but not garbage. Of course they do not exceed in percentage ready my hand on the flop but the flop can change everything. Repeatedly caught the woman in the floppy with these hands.

B

Benghazi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play those unless someone makes an outrageous raise before the flop

M

marinaki85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends when i speak ,my position,my chips and how the opponents play.

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi
try to raise or call a raise.when you are short shove
post flop it depends from the flop,your position and your stack

Olgert1992

Olgert1992

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many factors, that influence on drawing of these hands . In what position you are in distribution, what actions were to you. In any case, I when chose that for itself strategy, that all maps below AJ I pass. With AJ I give reise . In respect of KQ and KJ, that one of my not favourite hands in fact A 2 stronger. I play off them very rarely.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tournament start playing passively with these hands , with the advent of the ante , to be aggressive