R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation.
In the first place, Is it a cash game i? Is it a tournament?

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use the feeling usually to play the bottom of my range. If I have a reason to play a certain hand, I will, I'll explain:
I'm at the CO with A5o, the BTN is at 80% ATS and plays 15%of his range. The SB is at 10% ATS and wide with 45% range. The BB seems like a good player with something like 30% range and 28%3b. In this position I want to try to steal the blind, as the BTN won't defend it, the SB can call wide, but he has no position, the BB can 3bet, that's the only issue, but we would have position. So I'd raise for 3,5BB to try and steal. If they call I'm ok with it, as I will put a lot of pressure.

An other exemple:
I'm the CO with A5o, the BTN is 28% range and 80% ATS, he has 32%3bet, and is a very agressive and good player overall. Personnally I won't bother, and won't even look for what's going on in the SB and BB, and fold waiting a better hand, or play the BTN when he is in the SB.

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I feel like this is one of the best, simple questions I've seen in a while. I read through the thread and you got some amazing advice from some really seasoned folks. I would like to say that sometimes I play it and sometimes I don't. A lot of that depends on the table dynamic. If the whole table is nitty, I would play it more often. Honestly, suited helps a very little bit as well in my unwritten book. Another thing to consider with long sessions is other player's percpetion of your range. Throwing in an A5 or 45 suited in the CO once in a while can be advantageous. This is specifically for longer sessions with the same players. Many times this would be in a live game. That's my two cents and I would take it at that value if I were you hahaha.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'll normally limp but wouldn't call a raise with it unless most people behind have folded and I feel the players left are very tight

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depend of the other's actions, profile of each player and stack size

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
only if i was in the bb and there was no raise.. but besides that nah...

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, I would, but it all depends on the variables involved, i.e. stacks, players, blinds etc.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really don't like A5o's arm. I only play late positions sometimes

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of sinarios the people you are playing against and how they play

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands