AndreyMav78

AndreyMav78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear friends!
Answer this question:
Do you need any additional programs at the present time to play poker in a quality and interesting way?
I still have a dual attitude to this issue:
On the one hand, somehow, the accumulation of statistics on a player may be useful when playing, but on the other hand, the game is dynamic and does not allow enough time to read and analyze this information. Even notes do not always manage to make. Spending on this time often you lose the line of the game and you often lose the opposite.
What is your experience in this matter?
Thank!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Probably depends on how your mind works, what your long term goals are, how much time you wish to invest in improving your game & such.

N

Needleburst3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started using Jivaro recently and I can say that it helps me out alot, reason being I can now focus specifically more on the players and the action and then use the HUD to influence my decisions when im not sure.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I have never used additional poker programs. I play in order to enjoy the game, and I do not want to complicate my life.

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, definitely, I NEED this in my game right now..

But I watch Lex Veldhuis sometimes on Twitch and he's not using any appearing over the client.. It's cliché, but if he can, I can.. it's a matter of playing the game.. he's now playing it a way he's able to do a better job then the softwares! But I can'T say if he used before. I don't watch him for years..

-TRP-

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not use, but have already tested and can be an interesting option to store the data for later analysis/study... But I do not believe that it is "decisive"

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are programs showing dynamic statistics, if someone uses them clearly has an advantage.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to know if there are any free software to try out. I have seen a few different ones being demonstrated but it did not seem that helpfull though. Just stuff like ''who's the fish''. .

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I would like to know if there are any free software to try out. I have seen a few different ones being demonstrated but it did not seem that helpfull though. Just stuff like ''who's the fish''. .

If you do a search for software, most of them offer a free trial period, so you can try it before you buy it.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't need a program when playing poker ...

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like iHoldemIndicator. I find it helpful visualizing the strength of my hand versus what the table might have. When the win odds bar is low and that pot odds bar is high, it really keeps me from making bad mistakes. Similarly, it flashes if you have the nuts so you don't accidentally fold, etc. I disable the HUD on there most of the time.

I also have Poker Tracker installed. I wish I was better at using it. Reading poker books and the wide variety of stats one is supposed to consider makes me realize I'm not doing my best in that regard. At some point, I'd like to sit down and set up the HUD to my exact liking. One day... maybe? hopefully?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like it when players have a choice whether to use the programs or not.

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything depends on what type of mode you play, but it is possible to play all modes without programs

N

Needleburst3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started using an HUD and its helped me alot in situations near the bubble in a tournament, and getting an advantage on players who were either super aggressive or super nitty, but I do not think they are absolutely necessary, however it helps since you do not have tells like in live poker.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD are overated (notes way beeter). But HM or PT to track your mistakes winrate is good thing.