lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Always set a limit before you play. Also, recognize when you are not playing your best due to hunger or sleep. Hard to leave a good game, but it's very easy to get sloppy and bleed off a bankroll.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When the edge is gone so should you be. The feeling of not having an edge in a specific game is a self defeating proposition and should be avoided as much as possible.

Nochaser

Nochaser

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean, stop playing for a moment: to calm down and "get out of luck" on the computer / cell phone.
In my opinion, for some it is very difficult to know when to stop, I say because this is one of my negative points. And I think it is essential that the player knows and puts in practice a moment of "stress". If you can give a tip and / or tell your positive and negative experiences in that context, thank you

When I first decided to get more involved with poker I always ended up going down in flames because I never would get up when I needed to. I had that talk with myself probably 1000 times. As time went on I became more disciplined and more attentive to when I needed to walk away from the table. It took me roughly 6 months and some losses to realize that sometimes it's just not your day. After regrouping I have been able to sustain my wins and minimize my losses.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never know limits even dont know how to stop need something huge happening to change my direction otherwise im like bullet flying without stop

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I try just to play whatever games I have planned for the window of time I have that day/. If I get knocked out early I usually look for a replacement game to play but if the knocked out trend continues, I shut it down for the day thinking it's just not my day - try again tomorrow!

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Stop when you constantly lose money.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually stop to play poker when the freeroll ends

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like to take a break when I can’t seem to do anything right and I lose no matter how well I play or if I’m getting dealt dead cards

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have a series of failures after a successful game, when I win 2-3 buy-ins. For example, today, the opponent had AA 2 times in a row!!! And I lost everything I won, because I also had good cards.

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I have no problem with when to stop playing poker.
When I feel like the game isn’t going, I don’t force it and I’m not nervous about the loss.
I think the most important thing is that we don’t want to get our lost money back right away, because if we are frustrated and stressed we will not succeed, and we chase ourselves into further loss.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I feel that I cannot make proper emotionless decisions or if the table is above my skillset, it is time to go.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I badly need to learn to stop when I am tired but I do not always realise. Often when I get in from work I will start a game not realising I am exhausted or play through the night. I do find it very difficult to stop.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luckily today I manage to stop playing, there were times when I ended up with my bankroll in a moment of tilt. Thank God I managed to control it uahsuhaushaushauas

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When u keep on losing, it's time to leave.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stop when I realize that I am playing automatically, without thinking.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always say that if I lose a certain amount that I will quit, and then I proceed to completely ignore what I said and tilt off some more.

:D

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I find myself only playing tourneys. If I don't cash in 1 of 4, I quit for the day.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Simple answer, no, but I try to stick to trading rules. Buy-in when I'm on the rise, sell out when I start losing before I go too far on the losses. It's either downswing or me not paying enough attention so I blame myself and just stop. I also stop when I can't see the screen anymore or I can't distinguish the cards anymore (Particularly when I misinterpret A4 for AA or as I miracle I am dealt SUITED Aces). It's happened. I also stop the first time I wake up after I've fallen asleep on the keyboard and I've been clearly sitting out for a while.

But most importantly, I stop immediately when my partner requires or requests me, unless I'm running good in a tournament and then she actually drops everything she'sdoing, comes and sits with me and we celebrate together with every hand that I win and swear together at the bastards who beat us on the bloody river, particularly if I had over 90% odds. Besides, I need someone to shout the cards I am dealt if I have a toilet emergency and then I tell her what to click.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop playing is not a intelligent way , alway figure out goals and get achievements , have strong faith for winning ,

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
When you don’t enjoy playing poker anymore. , then you know it’s time to stop

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes. When you don’t enjoy playing poker anymore. In last time is simple for me to stop playing. Couple years ago, I played no matter how...(bad).

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

for me at least, if the session goes badly and I stop and after the first 4 tournaments I do NOT record new ones

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes but sometimes it does happen when you dont know when to stop